2.

The ride over to the hotel was quieter than I wanted it to be. Shae gazed out at the city mostly, and I stared at her. My phone buzzed constantly, but I ignored it, later putting it in the do not disturb mode. I will leave it that way while we are together, well at least one of them.

She's so quiet and I, hmm...I could ask her, but would she tell me why?

I reached over and grabbed her hand. She smiled at me before turning back toward the window. I want to know what she's thinking. Is she thinking of me? Is she mad at me? My mind is...hmm, thinking of ways to fix something when I'm not sure what the problem is.

I'm a little afraid, and I don't know why.

My lips parted to speak, but our car stopped before I could. Shae turned to me the minute her eyes drifted from wandering over our stay. I knew she would feel something about this.

"Taehyung, this looks..." Her shoulders lifted as she drew in a breath, "expensive. What are we..."

"Don't." I stopped her. "Don't ask that question. This is where I want to spend my time with you."

"A few days at an expensive hotel Taehyung? We could have just...".

Her stare seemed, curious yet apologetic. My heart thumped in worry. "Nevermind." She sighed and stared out of the window.

My heart sunk a little. Her ending tone wasn't as sweet, and she sounded...disappointed? I've really messed things up, and its starting to scare me. After a year, has she grown tired of me? Is my life getting to be too much for her? What is she thinking?

"Shae..."

She glanced at me with tender eyes, and all I could do was gaze at them.

"Do I need to wait in the car? We shouldn't be seen together, right?" She wondered.

I don't like this. I shook my head and handed her the hotel key. I had already taken care of our room assignment.

"Here is the key. I'll meet you soon."

Shae nodded and opened the door, meeting the guard that was already there. I watched as they went inside, afraid of what could happen once I'm alone with her.

I don't like thinking this way. I love Shae, and I shouldn't be afraid to tell her when I'm wrong, but something about this felt different. Different from me holding my secret or when we thought she was leaving. I have a feeling, and it's not a good one.

A few minutes later, the guard returned and escorted me to our room. I walked in to find Shae staring out into the panoramic view of the city's skyline from the suite's living room.

"Wow! This room is exquisite, and the view of the city is breathtaking. I've never seen Seoul like this."

She sounded happy, and it made me smile to hear this. I held her close to me and rested my chin on her shoulder. Shae is much shorter than me, but I love her height. It makes her cute, especially when I'm holding her.

"You like it, hm?"

Shae rested her hands on mine. I love the way her skin felt against me. It's always warm and soft, just like her. The quiet hum that echoed from her body was almost like a lullaby. The beating of her heart synced with my own, and in that perfect moment, we created a melody.

Shae made my heart sing.

"It's so big. How have I...nevermind." She shook her head and didn't finish. This is the second time.

"Shae?"

"So any plans tonight?" She asked.

I felt as if she's avoiding something, but I don't want to fight. I just want to enjoy her and our next few days together. Work will be hectic for me soon, and I need to spend all my time with her now.

"Hmm...I've planned dinner for us in a few hours," I answered, still holding her tight to me.

"Here in the hotel? Are we leaving the suite?"

"Of course we are."

Shae broke away from me. "Do you think that's safe? You wouldn't want to be seen with me, do you?"

Why would she think that?

"Why are you saying this Shae? Do you not want to be seen with me?"

Why is she behaving this way?

She shook her head, not answering my question.

"Forget it."

"I won't. Talk to me, please."

Her eyes wandered low as if she was suddenly afraid to look at me. This made me nervous. If I could wish for any superpower at this moment, it would be telepathy. I know sometimes, she probably wished the same.

"Shae, is there something bothering you? You've said this twice now."

She lifted her head to me and her eyes worried me. They were heavy with sadness, at least that's what it looked like to me.

"N-No. It's just...you know. You have to be discreet and all and I don't want you to...I mean, I don't want to be a..."

She shook her head again after her unfinished sentence. What is she trying not to say? I hugged her close and lifted her face to me. I eased in to kiss her and silenced her thoughts. I wanted my lips to be only what she thought of now.

Soft.

So soft the way they feel. I wanted more of her. I was craving her and I haven't been this way with her in a while.

I eased her over to the sofa, breaking the kiss so that I could sit. Shae's eyes fluttered a bit before she straddled me and took me in for another kiss.

My heart began to race with excitement as I felt her against me. I missed having her this way. I missed the way her skin felt beneath my fingertips. I missed the way she drove me crazy when her kisses would tease my ear or my neck.

I missed her.

Holding her like this took me back to the beginning when I could think of nothing but her. I didn't care about the circumstance or what she wanted, I only cared for what I wanted, and that was her.

I needed her then, just like I do right now and I will show her just how much.

This series is going to be hard to part with and we are only in chapter 2

I love you much! ❤️

Cupid 💘