8.

Shae was all smiles as we drove to Busan. She held her hand in mine while gazing out of the window. Busan was much like Seoul, absent of a crowd, but there were still a few faces in the city. Though I needed to be careful, seeing the smile on Shae's face made everything worthwhile.

As we rode around, I thought about the gift that I bought for Shae. I wanted to give her a symbol of our time together, so I got her a charm to add to the bracelet I gave her last summer, but now I'm wondering if I should get her something even more than just this.

I wanted to do so much for our trip, so I carefully planned our dinner and breakfast. Even though I expected our disagreement, It made me realize how much more I wanted Shae in my life. I told her I would marry her before they ever took her away from here, and I meant it.

A sudden dry feeling of my mouth made me swallow hard from that thought.

Having a family means a lot to me, and wanting that with Shae never crossed my mind till the thought of losing her did.

I will not lose her.

When I held her in my arms last night, I spent more time thinking of what I said to her than sleeping. It scared me but excited me too. Even thinking of it now seems, hm, scary, but I like it.

I like the idea of having her with me all time. I want that. I want it more than I could ever imagine.

I wonder what my family would think.

They adore Shae and want me to be happy more than anything, especially since happiness for me has been a rough road. They worry about me, but since they learned of Shae, it does not seem to be as much of a worry as before. I'm always asked about her.

This news would make them happy.

News of me being married, hm. What a nervous but exciting concept.

Shae would be a wonderful wife, but would I be a wonderful husband? She took care of me with no questions asked, and I was needy, holding onto her as if my life depended on it. Honestly, back then, it did.

The locks became undone, and she opened the door in a hurry. Her eyes wandered mine with... worry. It made me wonder what she saw in me to react this way.

"Taehyung? Are you okay?"

My eyes fell between us as I tried to speak. I knew what I wanted, but I didn't know how she would take me or if she would even want the same. Why would she waste time on me? I'm already lying to her because I never told her who I really was. She will hate me, and it's my fault.

A mask formed on my face, and I'm hidden.

"Would you like to come in?" She spoke softly, melting my heart in the process.

She's an angel, and I feel I will ruin her.

I didn't hesitate to walk inside. Her apartment is very nice and clean. Something fragrant was in the air and distracted me for a minute until I heard the door close behind me.

My mind was messy again, and she was in all of it. No matter the problem, the answer was always the same.

I need her.

She wandered next to me quietly. I turned to her, observing the uncertainty in her eyes. She didn't know what to think, and I know the way I stared at her made her nervous.

I took her in my arms, and she didn't push me away. I didn't speak a word to her. There were no romantic words or gestures. I just stared at her, leaned in, and kissed her.

My mind was even more of a mess after the taste of her lips. She quickly became a craving, and I was sinking into her.

I didn't want the kiss to end. It felt so good. She felt so good, and my mind took me to a place where I wanted to hold on to this forever.

I eased from the kiss and gulped. I don't know if I'm ready for this. I just met her, and I already can't stop thinking of her. Now that I've kissed her, craving her would be like wanting sugar every day because I can't get enough of it. I won't get enough of her.

"Was that okay?" I asked, still very close to her lips. I know I asked her a question, but if I hear her sweet voice again, I may not have the strength to control myself. She didn't speak but nodded instead. I wondered if she's been thinking of me too.

I brushed my fingers against her soft face. Her eyes never left mine. She looked at me with curiosity, but she never uttered a word.

"How about this, hm? Is it okay for me to touch you like this?"

Shae nodded again.

Her sweetness was innocent. I could fall into a careless love with her and not regret anything. I've never even been in love, but I feel as if it's staring back at me right now.

I will definitely ruin her.

Even then, I knew before I said the words to her. I somehow knew this day would come.

I squeezed her fingers with mine, and she glanced at me, still smiling.

"Busan is a beautiful city. I know it's even more beautiful at night. I've seen pictures." She smiled.

"I will bring you back Shae, when the world is better. You should visit and see it the way you want."

A thought came to me, and I asked the driver to take us to the beach. We wouldn't have to worry about the crowd, and the weather was nice enough to spend a few minutes there.

Shae looked at me with her curious eyes. I wonder how much of my suggestion did she understand.

"The beach sounds nice." She spoke.

I grinned. She is so much better. My heart fluttered a bit as the reality of this moment was a perfect one I know I will remember.

That's when it came to me.

I should definitely gift her something more.

Only two more chapter left loves.

Cupid 💘