Breakups and Revalations

Author's Note:
I originally started this story about a year ago and I got a major writers block. My friend, When_Oceans_Rise_00, recently got me to start writing it again : D I hope you like it! Be sure to vote for my story and leave comments about what you think of it!

I rise from my deep slumber, still tired... Then I remember her; my life before yesterday. The thought still pains me. How could I have been so foolish? I know she lied - deceived me, but I don't care. I want her back.
I get up and splash some water on my face. It sends a chill down my spine and shakes the tiredness out of my body. I look up from my pristine sink to the mirror. I see myself, but I have puffy, red eyes and I can see where the tears streaked down my face. Did I really cry that much? I never cry - and I mean never. How could she do this to me? I sigh and slowly start to walk down the stairs. My life sucks... how can one girl hurt me this much and still make me love her?
The thought hit me like a bullet - "Oh damn! Oh no, oh on, oh no! I have to go meet Vlad at The Tavern today! What time is it?" I say as I run back up the stairs, towards the nearest clock, which happens to be on my nightstand. It reads "10:27," which is about half an hour from when I have to meet Vlad, one of the few friends that I have do not actually make me want to vomit. I quickly brush my teeth and gel my hair back. I grab my coat, a leather jacket that looks like it came straight off a biker, and race out the door.
The Tavern is only a few blocks from my apartment so I choose to run. I have five minutes to get there before Vlad considers me "late" and starts to reprimand me on the importance of being punctual. I sprint down my street and take a left once I get to the stoplight. As soon as I turn, I catch a whiff of candy and nuts and I realize that I am passing the candy shop. A tall girl with long, wavy, blonde hair is passing out samples and I quickly grab one. I shove the candy, milk chocolate, into my mouth and keep running.
Luckily, I made it on time and I won't get a lecture... this time. I walk in the door and lean in the small, wooden doorframe. I catch my breath and take in the strong scent of grilling meat and barbecue sauce. The Tavern is dark, so it takes a moment for my eyes to adjust before I can see anything.
I immediately spot Vlad, his hair shaved on one side and the dark brown locks flowed down to his chin. He and his date are sitting by the fire pit on lynx fur bean bag chairs. Vlad stands up. He is pretty short for a guy at just 5'9" and isn't very muscular, but he has a charm that makes women all around fall for him. Apparently, he "works out," though or runs up and down three flights of stairs once a day because his elevator is broken. He always wears his signature black, liquid coated jeans and a loose tee shirt and sometimes a leather jacket, kind of like mine. He was supposed to bring a date - some new girl that he probably picked up off the street yesterday. I was going to bring my girlfriend... Ex-girlfriend, but with our breakup only being yesterday, I didn't have enough effort or mental strength to find a date, so I get to be the third wheel.
"Yippee!" I silently say to myself, about as unenthusiastically as possible. Vlad stands up and pushes a lock of his dark brown hair out of his eyes. He walks over to me, holding some girl's hand. He lets go and pulls me into a hug and then into a headlock. The lack of air in my lungs reminds me of how strong he actually is is. He has a slight double chin, and almost no visible muscles yet he can still get close to killing me. He introduces me to his date, but I already know her...