Ch. 2 - Her

"Her name is..." says Vlad before I interrupt him

"Emma!" I gasp out. It is my girlfriend... Well, ex-girlfriend. She looks as striking as ever with her long, brown hair streaked with blonde and tied into a loose bun. Not many women can pull off a "lazy day," but... Emma... Wow!

Before I could finish the thought, I start to get really dizzy, I see the lights go out, hear a loud thud and feel a throbbing headache and cold stone. I awaken ten minutes later, but I have tunnel vision and there is still a throbbing pain in the back of my head. I slowly open my eyes to see half of The Tavern staring at me, including Vlad and Emma.

Staring at them together made me furious even though I'm not that mad at Vlad. I mean, I never told him about Emma because he had been in Russia when we met and I had never really gotten around to it. But Emma - I had told her everything about Vlad - including the fact that he likes this band called The Neighbourhood because "They were cool and they make genres." Like, what does that even mean?

"Hey, bro... You okay?" said Vlad in an echo-ey voice, "You fell pretty hard."

"Yeah," I groaned, "Just a little sore on my head"

"I bet..." he joked, "I've cracked quite a few phone screens on these floor... Four, to be exact."

I half laughed, half groaned in pain. Vlad reached his hand out to me and I stood up. I saw a flash of light and I had to lean on Vlad for a second to regain my balance. That second, a girl walked into the door. She was wearing one of those dorky TV show shirts and some sweats plus a messy bun. She wasn't even half as pretty as Emma...
"Will I ever find love like I had with Em again?" I sighed

Author's Note:

Hey! How are you guys liking the book so far? I really like how the next couple of chapters turned out so I'm really excited to publish them!

Also, if you were in any way offended by that last paragraph, sorry! I have at least 7 of those shirts so don't be offended or anything! It was just how I picture Justus thinking about them.

Also, I dedicate this chapter to When_Oceans_Rise_00 because I originally typed her username wrong last chapter :((( If you want a chapter dedicated to you, comment on the most recent chapter (Ex. If you want to be featured next chapter, comment on this one!)

Thanks for 12 views on the last chapter!!! You guys are the best! - Lili_Nicole