The New Girl

I got off of Vlad and walked to the bean bag chairs to sit down and warn up, but before I even got half way to the fire pit, my vision blurred and my hear started spinning again. I almost fainted again, but before I hit the slate floor and passed out, someone caught me. I don't know if I actually passed out or if my eyes were closed momentarily, but I immediately sprang back into consciousness and and released myself from the arms of my savior. I stood up again to see who had caught me. It was that nerd, not a hot model, as I had hoped... Well, at least I had not hit my head again.
"You okay? You should really visit a doctor for that. You might have gotten a concussion," she said.
"Yeah. Just perfect. I just found out that my girlfriend was cheating on me with my best friend and now, I might have a concussion. Hurray!" I replied unenthusiastically. "Thanks for uh... catching me," I said.
"Um... No problem," she said, only a little akawardly.
I could tell that she didn't get out much and probably hadn't talked to a guy in a while. Even so, I didn't want to talk to Vlad for a bit so I might as well talk to her.
"So, can I get you a drink or something?" I asked her.
"Well... I can't exactly drink yet," she replied.
"Yeah, neither can I. I was just going to get you a lemonade and hope you didn't notice…," I said.
"Oh. That works. I kinda like lemonade," she replied.
"Who doesn't?" I said, with a smirk on my face.
The girl squinted and made a kind of poker face and replied, "Touche."
I ordered two lemonade and they came a few minutes later. I sipped the lemonade over the course of about ten minutes of dreaded silence, but luckily Vlad did not try to talk to me.
"So...um... How do you know Vlad?" the girl asked.
"Wait, what? Vlad's my best friend, or at least used to be.... How do you know Vlad?" I replied.
"Used to be friends. Until he turned into a real jerk and totally ignored me," she responded.
"Oh, yeah. He can do that a lot. Sorry" I said with sympathy. I finished the lemonade a few minutes later in silence and left after saying goodbye.
I walked home alone and immediately got in bed. I fell asleep for what seemed like minutes. I awoke the next day to the sound of chirping birds in the tree outside of my house. I decided that a walk would be calming so I sluggishly got out of bed. It felt like it was Monday morning, even though it was 11:30 in the morning on Sunday. I got dressed in the first clothing articles I saw - yesterday's outfit.

"Oh well," I thought to myself, "it's not like anyone will notice, or even care." I walked down the staircase and grabbed some leftover food from the fridge. I took a few bites before I realized that I was eating liver and onions. After about five minutes of gagging over the sink, I finally put the Tupperware container back in the fridge and start my walk.

Whenever I used to get stressed because of a test or a girl, I would always go for a walk with Vlad. Unfortunately now that I'm annoyed with him, the familliar path doesn't feel the same. For some reason, the walk made me even more filled with anger and lust than before. Maybe it was because I now hated the person I usually walked with, or maybe it was just because I had more time to wallow in my misery due to the fact that I was alone. With Vlad, we usually only walked to the Tavern, but I decided to keep going, going until my legs felt like they were about to fly off. Only then I realized that I had made my way back to the candy shop. The heavenly aroma hit me like a brick wall