Chapter 2

Yugi P.O.V

Yami? How could it be him? Pharaoh Atem was always trying to flirt with me during our patrols and a couple days ago I realized my feelings for him, so why is Yami Sennen my soul mate? As far as I know, he has a crush on Tea Gardner.

"Yugi are you alright," I hear the kind voice for Ryou ask. I let out a sigh and turn towards him and Malik (who is messing with his hair). I shake my head.

"I got Yami," I whisper. Malik and Ryou stare at me with pity in their eyes. We all thought that I would get Pharaoh. I wanted it to be him so bad and now... I didn't get him.

Ryou smiles after a couple minutes of silence and says, "Hey, at least he's your friend and it isn't Mai or something." I snort. Mai Valentine was always flirting with me and I hate her so so so much. I mean, you can only say no so many times.

"You're right. I should get ready for school," I say, mostly to myself and begin getting ready for school. I pull on my uniform and trudge down the stairs of Joey Wheeler's, my best friends,' house. 

"Happy birthday Yug'," I hear Joey tell me as I walk out of the house. "GET BACK IN HERE MR!" I feel hands grab my backpack and pull me back inside. Joey smirks at me and whispers, "Eat your breakfast."

I sigh and begin eating the toast he made for me. I swear, Joey is a good friend but over protective. I moved in with Joey a couple years ago because Grandpa died, leaving me with no relatives so Joey invited me to live with him.