Chapter 5

Something takes over when your heart is breaking. A sense of nothingness, it elopes you making you feel numb to your surroundings. You don't feel. Almost like it's your bodies way of keeping you alive, because if you were to feel the agony would  take you captive. You just might die from the hurt. 

I don't feel.

I won't feel.

"Baylee?" her voice was soft, she was worried I could hear it in her tone. "let me bring you home Baylee"

I shake my head staring only at what was in front of me. "I want to stay, I came here to have a good time, and I plan on doing just that" I let my eyes flicker to hers

she nods in understanding knowing all to well she won't win this argument. her hand that was still gripping mine unclenches letting my limp arm fall to my side. she waits quietly watching me.

"I need a drink"

***

"DRINK DRINK DRINK"

everyone chants around me throwing their hands in the air. throwing my head back laughing I pick up the shot letting the clear liquid trickle down my throat leaving a burning trail. I smile knowing I was another 100 dollars richer. Picking up the money that laid under the shot I look around at the many drunk people surrounding me. Again they chant 

"DRINK DRINK DRINK" 

I nod my head ready to take another shot, but I was jerked back when two arms wrapped around my torso pulling me away from the screaming crowd.

"essscuse me" I burp. trying to fight my brain to keep my eyes open, but my brain won.

***

"Will she be ok?" 

"She will be fine, the only thing she will have to look forward to is a raging hangover" 

my eyes slowly open, revealing nothing but a grey blur. I can hear someone taking but my head is was to dizzy to register who it is. I snuggled back into the warmth that embraced me and drifted off once more.

***

 My eyes squint from the sudden brightness in the room, I throw my hands up covering my eyes from the painful glare. blinking my eyes a few times I manage to get a glimpse of where I am.

"I'm home?"

swinging my legs over my bed, and stuffing my feet into my pink slippers I stand up stretching. the pain in my head intensifies as I shuffle across the floor to shut the curtains. images of last night swarm my brain. it wasn't a dream. looking around I find my phone sitting beside my bed on the polished wooden stand, next to it almost 800 dollars in cash. grabbing my head I pick up my phone and check the time. 

1.30pm 

what happened last night!. 15 messages lay across my phone screen, I flip through messages upon messages of girl from school all saying the same exact thing. 

"Hey girl I heard about you and Jet, wanna talk?" 

I barley know these people, why are they messaging me?. I keep scrolling to see a message from Zoey.

"Hey. Whenever you see this call me, I'm sure you have a lot of questions"

I nod my head in agreement and decided to call her. putting the phone to my ear I hear it ring 3 times before her soft voice accompanied me. 

"Baylee! thank god you're awake. I was worried sick about you! do you know how much you drank last night" 

I look back down at the cash below me and memories flood my mind "I think I might have an idea"