Chapter 6

Earlier Arsen and I had our first fight. Could you even call it a fight? he was clearly just being a princess. He walked off without another word to me, I haven't seen him since. Now he has no choice but to see me, Today is the first day we will leave school grounds for our community service. The task at hand was to serve to the homeless at the local shelter, I wasn't to put off on this idea it beats cleaning piss of the walls of the boys bathroom. I was told Arthur would be waiting for me to bring me their, so after attendance was called and I notified my teacher I made my way to the front doors of the school. A faint whisper came through from the other side of the doors, slowly opening the door I peak through. 

Arsen with his all too filimiar jacket leaned up against his propped up bike, his hands were shoved into his pockets as his head tilted holding the phone at his shoulder. 

"I can't deal with this today M, If I miss this I can't graduate" The frustration loomed around him

I push the door open more trying to get a better look, but the squeaking of the door gained his attention, his eyes dart up to mine and he quickly adjusts himself standing up straight.

"I have to go" with that he ends the call and shoves it into his pocket "Spying on me now?"

Pushing my full body out the door my feet crunch under the gravel. I walk over to him shaking my head. "Trust me you are not worth the time" 

he chuckles under his breath running a tanned hand through his midnight hair. "Do you need a ride?"

scoffing I adjust my purse removing my eyes from his "I have one"

furrowing his brows he looks around, no cars were here besides the ones already parked, I bite at my lip tapping my hand against my hip anxious for Arthur to arrive.

"Baylee it really isn't a prob-" 

"I said I have one! OK! So why don't you hop on your overrated hunk of scrap metal and leave me alone" Keeping my eyes ahead of me I hear the roaring of his engine fill my ears. He didn't humor me with a comeback.

A soft vibrate pulses in my purse, reaching in I take out my phone. A text message from Daddy

Daddy : 

    Hey bumblebee Im sorry I wasn't able to message you earlier but Arthur won't be able to make it, His wife is in the hospital; something about her hip. I wish I could come pick you up but I have a very Important meeting in 5 minutes. You understand right? I'll see you tonight, Love you.

Closing my eyes I hold my phone to my chest. I can't blame Arthur, his family comes before anything. I understand that, what I don't understand is why my own father can't choose me over a meeting. He does realize this is my only chance at graduating right? and to top it all off my dad said he will be home tonight! I haven't seen him in 2 weeks. Yes he lives with me but normally he spends the night at the office, he has a whole bedroom there. Gripping my phone tighter I let a tear roll down my cheek. Looking over Arsen is strapping his helmet to his head. My stomach flutters knowing he's my only hope, and I was just an asshole to him.

"on second thought..." 

his gaze finds mine and without hesitation he pulls his helmet off and hold its out to me. In shock I take the helmet. I was just so rude to him, Why is he being so nice? If anyone was to talk to me the way I just spoke to him they would never get another chance to talk to me again. His maturity surprised me. Feeling guilty I hesitate to put the helmet on. watching me fiddle around with the helmet he revs the engine

"We don't have all day sweetheart" 

With that I pull the helmet down clipping it under my chin.