Contaminated

AN: The song is by BANKS again. I hinted at a possible Kellex relationship but its up to you to decide.

You wanna get to know me
You memorized the lines of my thighs
I knew before you told me you'd get it right
And you took the dark for granted
And you love me like you promised your wife
It's almost like you planned it in the daylight

The fans had noticed. It had been several months since Christen had asked for a relationship. Several months since she was capable of looking Tobin in the eyes. Several months since they had actually been friends.

"Hey babe, you ok?" Christen asked, breaking Alex out of her thoughts.

She locked her phone and smiled up at the other woman. "Yeah. Go get dressed." She reached out a hand to squeeze a cute bare ass cheek making the other woman squeal and dart away.

Alex caught a glimpse of the shimmering ring on the dresser as Christen passed by.

'Friendship certainly means nothing when that same "friend" is fucking your wife', Alex thought bitterly.

You might be wondering how marriage got brought into the equation but Alex herself was still wondering the same thing.

After Christen had dropped that bombshell on her, Alex said no. Well, really she had said not right now. She couldn't, she needed time to process and everything.

So Christen had given her space. Apparently, Christen had planned a vacation for Tobin but completely forgot about the Vegas trip.

The trip was almost two weeks from the day Christen asked her to be her girlfriend. When the other forward got an email reminder, she tried to reach out and ask if she wanted to go. Admittedly, Alex flippped on her a little bit.

"Really Chris? You really think that shit is feasible?" Alex couldn't believe her ears. Go on vacation to the epicenter of depravity with someone she was actively trying to figure out her feelings for? Where liquor was as common as air? Abso-fucking-lutely not.

"Come on Lex, I promise I won't try anything. Just two friends going on vacation. We can take a trip as friends. Pleaseee, I promise." She pleaded into the phone.

"You know what else you promised? To let me figure shit out without you intruding. Yet, here you are..." Alex bit her tongue, trailing off disdainfully.

"Alex thats not fair! I-I just." She paused as I heard shuffling over the phone. "You know what, you're right. I'm sorry for bothering you. Have a good night. Take care of yourself."

"You too Chris." Alex hung up but she could have sworn she heard the beginnings of 'I love you'. She stared at the phone for well after they had hung up.

Had she heard that right? Nah she could have been saying anything. Like? Like uh...I miss you. She groaned at the thought and decided to fill her glass with some more wine to go to sleep.

The next month and a half passed by agonizingly slow. She desperately missed Christen but she still wasn't sure if she could trust the other woman.

She found herself googling pictures of said woman and found herself on a thread. That thread lead her to the discovery of 'Preath'. She spent the next few hours consumed with reading the timeline of their relationship.

She started feeling guilty as she got closer to the more recent events but that feeling stopped cold. Because the fans who made this compilation started going on about a secret marriage.

A secret marriage? No fucking way. She scrolled frantically looking for proof. Her heart stopped when her thumb stopped, coming across a blown up image of Christen's ring finger with a shimmering ring attached.