1 - Beginning

Why. Can't. I. Follow. My. Own. Words. and just finish my other story first before starting this. I was actually resolute on my promise to finish Athy on Another Land first before this, but what happened? And I was actually wondering why I have trust issues when I can't even trust myself welp.

Anyway, welcome to this new story, please enjoy and have a nice day! (Except for that cruel cruel woman who almost destroyed my phone earlier. Yeah, you know who you are 👀)

---

Caraks would certainly grab the opportunity to go back in the past to change a couple of things if he was given the chance to do so.

Well, fine. He really sounded a bit ridiculous to go back in the past since no one has the ability to do it, nor have the capacity to make it work but he could hope, right?

And if he did managed to go back in the past, he would only focus to changed one thing, the sole source of everything that started every shit in his life. A spell that would help him change his destiny.

"A time-travel spell? " Rose–the lovely apple (or is it rose too?) of his eye–gave him a suspicious glare. "This is the only reason why you are currently going in and out of Arlanta's library? "

Ah, it pains his heart to see her usually smiling face twisted in a terrifying scowl! Why was she even mad at him?

"Yes, my love. " he tried to take her hand from her side but just as expected, she just angrily flicked his hand away. "I was researching on some books of spells to create a spell that would let me travel on time! Can't you imagine all the possibilities if I succeeded on creating one? "

And yes, he was very serious on his determination to travel to the past. If no one have the ability to do it, he would have to create it by himself! Well sure, his apprentice could lend a hand or two to create the specific spell that he wanted, but he was sure that Lucas will help him...with a little persuasion.

"To travel on time–" he was snapped out of his thoughts when the freckled woman shook her head in disbelief. "Lucas is right. You desperately need to take a break for a while, Caraks. "

"Huh? "

Rose wasn't finished yet. "He was the one who told me that you were going in and out of Arlanta. I actually thought that you were having an affair with a scholar in a library but it seems that you were on something, which is much more ridiculous at this point! "

"Huh?! Lucas is the one who told you—that sly little brat! And I am not having an affair, how did you even reach that came up with that? "

"You cannot blame me, Caraks. " the brunette sighed. "You locked yourself at the top of the Tower for a long time without seeing anyone aside from Lucas. You even refused His Majesty's requests for many times, do you really wanted to face his wrath? "

"..." he pursed his lips. "Rose..."

"I don't know that the reason why you were turning down all of his requests, but don't be too hard on yourself. Please? " How could he dare to refuse her with how she looked at him with such concern?

He sighed before reaching out for her hands but this time, she let him. "If that is what you want, then I will take a break. " For now.

He felt bad for promising something that he would break sooner or later anyway, but he couldn't just suddenly stop his research, now that he had a hunch that he was certain that he was close on discovering something about time-travel...