Chapter 4: Part 4

Continuation of the last 3 parts, still Travis' POV. Takes place during the ride to the hospital.

"So . . . uh," I know I just told Andy to get some rest but I couldn't help myself. "Do you know that woman, Andy? She called you her daughter, but your mom passed a long time ago." I tried to look Andy in the eye but she closed her eyes and let out a laugh that signaled she was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

"That, Travis," Andy began, still giggling. "would be Elena. Wife to Pruitt Herrera and mother to Anne."

"Anne? Who's Anne?" I couldn't tell if she was still groggy from being unconscious or if I misheard her.

"Me, silly," Andy smiled ear to ear. I've never seen her like this. I made a mental note to mention a possible concussion when we got to the hospital. "When I was in preschool she would call me her 'little Andrea' but I didn't like that so she started calling me Annie. She called me Annie up until my ninth birthday." Andy bit her tongue as she looked down and twiddled her thumbs. "During our last fun day together she tucked me into bed - which is something she didn't do very often. She assured me that I could do anything I put my mind to. She also said that one day I wouldn't be the same innocent Annie anymore, that one day I'd learn to be strong and face my fears, and once that day came she would start calling me Anne."

"So," I didn't know what to say. Andy and Pruitt always told us Elena was dead.

"Oh, yeah. Apparently, my mom isn't dead after all." Andy shrugged her shoulders, casually breaking the news.

"We're here," Finch announced as we pulled into Grey Sloan.

Since Robert just had surgery and Andy wasn't on good terms with Maya, I figured I'd offer to stay with her while she was in the ER. "Hey," I put my hand on my shoulder as we wheeled her stretcher inside. "Do you want me to stay? Just while they run some tests. I know you probably want your . . . Sullivan here but he's not exactly able to so,"

"It's okay Trav, go back to work. I'll be fine." she gave me a half genuine smile.

"Are you sure Andy? I really don't mind. We may not be the closest, but you're my friend and I care about you."

"I'm sure Trav. I'm a big girl, I can handle a couple of blood draws." Andy nodded and flicked her hand to shoo me away.

______________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

The next part will be the last part of chapter 4 and it'll be a little longer than the previous parts.