Chapter 5

Before continuing, please know that this chapter deals with self-harm. I'd also like to give a big thanks to Megan101815 for writing this chapter.

_____________________________________

A week after chapter 4, Andy hasn't visited Robert or told anyone about her pregnancy. Andy was late to work the last couple of shifts because all she does these days when she's not at work is cry herself to sleep. She was so excited to start a family with her husband, but his words hurt her more then he could ever know.

Andy was at home washing dishes waiting until it was time to go pick Robert up from the hospital. "Shit," Andy said, looking down to see that she had broken a glass plate. As she put the broken pieces on the counter and resumed washing the rest of the dishes, she looked down and noticed blood dripping from her wrist.

   Suddenly, Andy was at her and Maya's apartment when she heard a knock on the door. She opened the door and there stood her best friend Ryan. She was about to let him in when they heard a scream coming from down the hall. They ran to the door and went inside. They walked in to see a woman standing in her kitchen with blood running down her arm. They watched the kids while the mom went to the hospital, but while Ryan played with the little boy, things took a turn for the worse. That night, she lost her best friend because a careless mom didn't hide their gun and their child got ahold of it, shooting her best friend in the entire world.

As she stared at the piece of broken glass in her hand and rubbed her finger along the sharp edge, she began to miss Ryan. She was so tired of feeling lost and broken that for just one second she wondered what it would be like to not feel at all. She stood over the sink with the piece of glass to her wrist and started crying. She closed her eyes and ran the glass over her wrist. "Fuck. Oh my god," She said as she opened her eyes to see a lot more blood dripping into the sink. And for a few minutes, she finally felt free. Free of the stress, the anger, the sadness, free from everything she had been holding in.

After a few minutes of watching the blood flow into the sink, she realized she needed to cover it up so Robert wouldn't see. She ran into the bathroom and got the first aid kit. She washed the cuts well and put a bandage over them. She put on a long sleeve shirt and quickly finished washing the rest of the dishes, cleaned the blood off the sink, and threw the broken glass away.

After she finished cleaning everything up, she got in the car and drove to the hospital to pick Robert up. "Hello my beautiful wife,". Robert said as he opened the car door to get in, forgetting the hurtful things he said last week. "Hey babe," she said with a smile. He kissed her but he could tell that something was off. "Andy are you okay"? He asked. "I'm good. I'm just really tired". She nodded her head and kissed his cheek. She started driving home but failed to notice that her sleeve had rolled up, exposing the bandage on her wrist. Robert looked at the bandage and wanted to ask what happened but he thought he would wait to have that conversation at home.

When they got home, Andy helped Robert carry his bags inside and got him settled on the couch. "Do you want something to eat babe"? She asked.  He looked at her and smiled. "I do but it's not food," he said with a wink. She walked over to the couch and sat on top of him and kissed him. "Mhmm I missed you so much," she moaned. He flipped her over so she was laying on the couch and grabbed her wrist and pinned them above her head". She let out a small whimper of pain. He got off of her and sat at the end of the couch, concerned. "Babe, what's wrong with your wrist"? "Oh nothing, I just tripped up the stairs earlier but I'm sure it'll be fine in the morning". She said, moving closer to him and laying her head on his chest. She laid there listening to Robert's heartbeat. She didn't regret what she did to herself but she hoped he wouldn't find out because the last thing she'd ever want to do is upset him.