Text Only

Of course, it's Tuesday and she just finished her homework and is texting Meg. The same as she did yesterday and will do tomorrow. It's been feeling like they have a text only relationship. Jean thought they were BEST friends. DING! Another message from Meg. A long message from Meg.

The homework sucks. I never understand it and the teachers say I have potential, but they tell that to everyone and they act like I am not trying well I'm trying to understand everything it never makes sense this stupid world doesn't make sense I just don't know what to do I need you to help!!!

Jean was smiling, but not because Meg was having trouble with homework because she needed her. For the first time in a while she'll go to her house. Not the other way around. She felt like this was the beginning of there friendship being normal again.

Coming straight over meg really the homework isn't to hard.

She sent her text and left. It won't be text only anymore. Jean was so excited she practically ran to Meg's house. She was a bit disappointed to see her mom answer the door. "Hi," pant pant," I'm here," pant pant,"to see Meg." Mrs. Redd let Jean in. Jean could barely climb the steps because she ran so hard. She wasn't hesitant though because she wanted to see Meg.

"Meg! I'm here!" Jean yelled down the hall. She walked over and opened Megs door. Megs purple bedroom door that matched her purple bedroom. She put pictures on her door of memories. Most were of them two, and most hurt Jean to look at. How had they ever been so close. Jean knew the only way to bring that back was to open the door.