Want To Ask

I thought this would make it all better. I came over and we were gonna be like old friends again. Instead she swears at me and runs out. Now I don't understand what's happening. Meg did need a little help in school no matter what she says. So, I sat down and started organizing her notes.

As I was about to leave she got a message on her computer. It was from Seth.

Seth- hey I haven't SEEN u in a while what's wrong

Why have they been hanging out? I am more confused now, and I hoped she sat with me at lunch the next day. Meg had some explaining.

I left and walked home. Meg was still in the bathroom when I left. I hoped school just would be better. It really wasn't.

"Hey," I said as Meg sat down. "Hi." I hate it when she mutters. "You know Meg you should stop muttering. I never know what you're saying." Meg took a while to reply. "Of course u don't understand. You don't understand me at all anymore." I knew now was the time to ask. "I'm sorry. What I really don't understand is why you're hanging out with Seth?" Her eyes got wide. I worried it wasn't the right time to ask. Then, her eyes might have even got teary. She left the lunch table and walked away.

I was left sitting alone at the corner table. "I'm sorry Jean. I just," she stopped talking, but that's okay because at least she came back. "Meg I just wanted to know. You say I don't understand, but you're the one changing." She sat back down and looked at me. "Jean we don't really hang out. I texted him a few times. Okay?"

"Okay."

We ate lunch and even talked a little bit. It wasn't as it used to be, but it was a start. I liked this start, and hoped it wasn't the end. "What are you looking at," I asked. "Oh, nothing. Jean I." She stopped her self almost looking scared. "What? Is something wrong?"

"No I just have to go. Bye. I'll text you later."