Part 3

-Why noone talked about this untilnow?- I asked, both curious and in fear- How long has this man beentravelling for?

-A week or two. As far as I know, twounknown factions have stopped them at Madrid. I tried to sell themsome fresh products from Cádiz, but they shot me on sight. My horsewas shot by them-he said, as a tear rolled down his face- I lovedhim, and he's gone thanks tho them. I'm moving to Granada and I'mwilling to forgive and forget. They'll eventually get here, butthey're not a threat for you right now.

He stood up, paid for his drink andleft. I considered the chances of travelling there to take a look atthe events. Since that talk, I had a feeling that whatever was goingon in Madrid right then was crucial for the future of Spain, myparents' business and last but not least, my future.My parents, whoeventually had listened to the man, warned me.

-Why would you?-My father said,rational as always-You've seen that man and heard the other, it'sdangerous.

-There's no way I'm allowing you to gothere!-My mother shouted, upset-We need help here! Not to metionthat...

She began an explaination on howdangerous was everything. Half an hour later, she put an end to herwhy-was-I-going-to-die exposition. The fun part was that I was 25right then. That night, I made up my mind and decided that I wanted astory to tell to my grandchildren. Before the sunrise and before myparents had gotten up, I left with two merchants who were going toLeón. That morning, my adventure began.