Chapter 18

Micheal rummaged through the pile of papers that he pulled out from the brown envelop. The report from the well-known detective and security agency that he hired to investigate Mia had just arrived.

He could see public records - from Mia's birth certificate, baptismal certificate, transcript of records since elementary to college, driver's license, PRC license, voter's I.D. and other pertinent public records. Pulido at consistent ang mga dokumentong nakikita niya.

Ang babaeng nagpakilalang Mia Catherine Fernan ay totoong nagtataglay nang ganoong pangalan. Her public records were NSO authenticated. It couldn't just be fabricated by anyone else.

The extensive report also contained her photographs from her elementary to college yearbooks, public I.D.s such as Tin, SSS, voter's I.D., PRC and driver's license.  Mukha ni Mia ang nakalagay doon at hindi ng ibang babae.

Lines burrowed on his forehead. Binasa niya ang naka-type na impormasyon sa limang pahinang papel. Mas lalong lumalim ang gatla sa kanyang noo.

"Sh*t!" he cursed under his breath after he was done checking the documents. Lahat ng impormasyong nabasa niya ay nagpapatunay na legit ang pagkatao ni Mia, na hindi ito nagpapanggap. Nakalagay din sa report na adopted daughter ito ni Gilda Gabriel, ang nurse na pinagbilinan ni Jasmin ng sanggol nito noon. And that she had inherited Gilda's wealth when she died three years ago.

Kung may duda pa rin siya sa tunay na pagkatao ni Mia, DNA test na lang ang kulang para mawala nang tuluyan iyon. But did he really have to do that? Mia looked like Jasmin. The similarities would be more evident if they were of the same age. Looks wise, Mia could pass as Jasmin's daughter. Her public records backed up that claim as well.

And Jasmin responded when she saw Mia. For three, long years, she remained unresponsive, but things changed when she saw Mia. She blinked her eyes!

Could it be because his stepmom had recognized her own daughter? Jasmin had been looking for her for a long time. In fact, sa paghahanap nito sa anak ay nasadlak ito sa isang trahedya. And what was that that they always say? Lukso ng dugo?

So the woman who showed up before and claimed as Jasmin's daughter was really an impostor. But Mia... he swallowed hard upon the realization. She wasn't. She was legit.

Micheal suddenly became worried. Naalala niya ang sinabi ni Mia na hihingi ito ng tulong sa korte upang mabawi sa kanya si Jasmin. If she was really the real daughter, which could be testified on the court, she could get what she wanted. She could get his stepmom from him. Though he would surely give a fair fight, and Mia wouldn't easily get Jasmin from him, but eventually, she could in the end.

But he wasn't actually worried of the case. He was rather worried of Jasmin's wellbeing. Kung magkakaroon ng kaso ay hindi malayong ma-involve ang stepmom sa isa sa mga hearing. At hindi iyon makabubuti sa kalagayan nito.

Her condition was frail, and sometimes unpredictable. Katulad na lamang nang nangyari nitong nakalipas na dalawang araw. Naging unstable ang BP nito. Kailangang naka-monitor palagi ang kalagayan ng ina-inahan.

Magmula nang mamatay ang kanyang ama ay si Jasmin na ang itinuring niyang natitirang magulang. Ipinangako niya sa ama na aalagaan ito. And he just couldn't give her to someone else.

Napasuklay siya sa buhok. He stood up and walked to the window. His eyes raked the endless rows of rubber trees in the distance.

What would he do now? He had to think. He had to find a way to deal with Mia.

--------------------------------------------------------

At ano kaya sa tingin n'yo guys ang susunod na gagawin ni Micheal? Ayiiiiii!!! Hula na! :) Pagandahan ng sagot. haha!