Chapter 4

We made our way out to the parking lot.
"We can take my car and I can drop you off afterwards, sound good?" he asked.
"Sounds good!" I smiled at him.
He only smirked back at me.
We walked over to his car and got in. He started it and we drove down to a cafe that ran 24/7. It was almost 10 minutes away with traffic.
"How are you enjoying working at Freddy's?" He broke the silence.
"I like it so far! I'm really glad I took the job,"
"Why is that?" He questioned.
"Well, don't think I'm weird, but I got to meet you,"
"That's awfully kind,"
I giggled.
"I hope we become friends and not just coworkers, you know?"
He nodded.
"So, what do you like to do for fun? Do you still live with your parents?"
"Oh, I-uhm, I have my own apartment. I moved as soon as I turned 18, I just can't handle those assholes," I sighed.
"Fuck them, they can't see your worth then they don't deserve you," His charm shone through.
"Y-yeah, if you say so,"
"But anyways, uhm, I really like to paint," I smiled, hoping he would see it in his peripheral.
"Fun hobby,"
I didn't respond after that. We rode in silence until we reached the cafe. We walked in and it was empty for the most part.
I sat across from William as the waitress took our order.
He just got a coffee and I got a water, no food. Neither of us were very hungry.

————

"You can stay here and I'll drive you to work tomorrow, then afterwards you can get your car," He unlocked the house door.
"I'll show you to the guest room,"
I saw pictures of kids and a woman on pictures on the walls.
"You have a gorgeous family," I said.
To be honest, I was hurt inside knowing he had a wife and kids.
"Oh, thank you. My darling wife never...made it,"
"I'm so sorry,"
"Don't be, I still have my kids with me,"
Well, at least he wasn't married. If I was lucky, then he would be into me.
We made our way into the guest room and he gave me some pajama shorts I could wear.
I told him thank you and shut to door to change into them, then walked back downstairs.
"You're not going to sleep?" He smirked from the couch.
"Not yet, not exactly tired," I laughed.
I went and sat next to him on the couch, looking at some of the photos on the walls.
"Seriously man, you've got some cute ass kids. I'd love to meet them when they're not busy," I sighed.
He laughed lightly.
"You'll meet them eventually,"
He gave me what I presumed was a genuine smile. He then stood up and walked towards the stairs.
"Well, I'm going to get some sleep. If you need water or anything in the middle of the night, help yourself. Don't be shy, I usually don't bite," He smirked that smirk.
The smirk that made me blush. The smirk that made my stomach swirl in a way I could not comprehend.
I nodded at this and he headed upstairs. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through instagram for a short bit, before deciding to also go upstairs and sleep.
I made my way up the stairs and walked towards the guest room. I shut the door behind me and crawled under the covers, setting my phone on the nightstand.
I shut my eyes and let myself drift off the sleep.

"No! Stop, please!" She begged for him to stop.
Running and running and running. All to the soft hums of 'run rabbit, run rabbit, run run run,'
She found it ironic, he was the rabbit, after all. She quickly dashed behind a claw machine, hand placed over her mouth to quiet her breathing.
"You're in here somewhere, I know it," The rabbit laughed maniacally.
His eyes quickly darted over to the claw machine. The same one a certain employee had helped a child with earlier.
The same child.
"I found youuuuu~" He sung.
"Come on out, let's have some fun!"

a/n - sorry i haven't been updating. school got really stressful. i got most of my grades up and the trimester is about to end. thank you for being patient.