Day Three

Day 3

Cotton Mather (Jester) is blackmailed.
Nobody is dead.
Edward Bishop (Mayor) is now a Vampire.

Alice Young
    No deaths… That was strange. John Hathorne was looking even more suspicious now. Before she could call it out, David Davidson beat her to it. “No kills? Who was jailed?”
    Her eyes darted to John Hathorne, who said nothing.

James Russel
    “Thank you so much, Doctor,” he announced to his anonymous savior, wanting to stress that he was healed rather than being too strong to kill. “Vigilante snuck up on me.”
    “There’s a Witch,” Dorothy Good stated.

John Willard
“As most of you probably know, I am sheriff, and I need to say something.  Mary Eastey is a member of the mafia!  I found her guilty last night in an interrogation.”

Mary Eastey
    “You can’t say that,” she resisted. “I was probably framed.”
    Cotton Mather, without saying a word, put in a vote against John Willard, and then quickly changed it to Dorothy Good.
    “Why vote me?” Dorothy seemed to be getting irritated at this point.
    James Russel and Alice Young voted against Cotton.

John Willard
“Cotton is obviously jester.  She is random voting and before she told me she was Godfather!  Oh, I am in this now.  No more am I rejecting my responsibility in life!”  He pumped his fist in the air.  “My first action is to lynch Mary.  She is guilty, and if we don’t do it today, I will most likely be dead come morning!  If that is so, you must avenge me!”

Alice Young
    “Calm down, Willard,” Giles answered coolly. “She was probably framed.”
    Alice studied the man. He’d jumped to Mary’s defense more quickly than she liked. He’d make a fine prisoner tonight.

John Willard has voted against Mary Eastey. Alice Young and James Russel have voted against Cotton Mather. Mary Eastey has voted against John Willard.

Lydia Dustin
    “Just get Cotton out of the way,” she broke in. “If she’s Jester, she’s Jester. Her haunt will probably take out a Mafia member anyway.” She put in a vote for Cotton Mather, and David Davidson, John Hathorne, and Dorothy Good followed.

Alice Young
    “One more…” This all seemed awfully familiar. At last, Giles Corey voted against Cotton, forcing her up to the stand.
    Cotton did nothing more than shrug and say, “I am blackmailed.”

James Russel
A groan arose from the crowd. The I am blackmailed defense was at it again. Alice was quick to vote guilty, but James held back. He thought Cotton couldn’t possibly be anything other than Jester at this point.

Samuel Paris
“I think the realistic idea is to vote Cotton, right Sarah?”

Sarah Paris
“Oh yeah, uh, sure, whatever.”  She cringed at her own response.  No wonder, she thought it was the day time.  The voices told her she would be grumpy, but still, why did she feel so good?  What had happened last night was enough to make a person faint, but she hadn’t.  She had liked it, loved it even.  What kind of person was she?

Alice Young, Samuel Paris, Sarah Paris, John Hathorne, Dorothy Good, David Davidson, and Giles Corey vote guilty.

James Russel
    He watched Cotton pout skeptically from the edge of town. Yes, this was no doubt a Jester. As soon as all votes were in, it was immediately determined that Cotton would be lynched, seven to zero.
    Cotton Mather flashed them all a wide, unsettling grin as she gladly threw the noose over her head. Someone muttered, “Oh, lord.” Their realizations came too late. The Jester would get her revenge from the grave.