moment .05

nini happily sat with ashlyn and seb in the auditorium as she waited for her turn to audition

nini happily sat with ashlyn and seb in the auditorium as she waited for her turn to audition. the girl loved the idea of the play. it was about an egotistical club owner who needed a musician for his club. he decides to hire a mystery singer who never shows her face, but once she does - he's in love.

nini has always loved romance stories because she never got to experience it herself. her father was so strict on nini, she never really got to experience life. the girl tried not to complain though because she knew she was lucky to gave a father who loved and cared for her.

the auditorium doors opened and in came ricky bowen. everyone gave him a weird and confused look, but miss jenn simply nodded her head and welcome ricky in.

"everyone... welcome newcomer, ricky bowen!" she exclaimed. ricky gave everyone an awkward smile while a wave of murmured "hi's" echoed throughout the auditorium.

"he will be playing the lead as our aidan peters," miss jenn revealed. everyone's jaw dropped to the floor, including ricky's. nini let out a little laugh as she saw how scared ricky looked.

"uhm... can't i just be one of the people who move the props around the stage or something?" ricky said to miss jenn, but she shook her head.

"uhh... mr. mazzarra told me to give you the lead to teach you responsibility and commitment," she whispered to him and ricky rolled his eyes.

"but like, what about all the other people who want that part?"

"there's other leads ricky," miss jenn stated, "and its out of my hands ... im sorry."

ricky let out a deep sigh and feel down to a random seat in the auditorium. "okay! now let's start the audition process, shall we?"

"oh! so do i have to be here or...?" ricky asked. miss jenn shot him a glare and nodded her head. the boy awkwardly looked to the side and saw nini staring down at her script. it looked like she was deep in focus as she read the lines to herself.