Chapter 3: Anxiety & Happiness

She was standing in corner of banquet hall and trying to call someone,she was looking annoyed at the same time someone tapped her shoulder and she removed her eyes from the phone and looked at the person, her expressions changed from annoyed to relaxed.

"As salamu alaikum" the person said.

"Walaikum as salam, I thought you decided to ditch me,it is not your wedding that you are this late!"she said angrily.

"I know this is not my wedding but what is my fault if you are this much punctual! And by the way i am just 15 minutes late so.."

"15 minutes in wedding,do you know how difficult it was to hide from the questions of these aunties?"she said frowning.

"Yeah yeah let it be now i am here by the way Masha Allah you are looking pretty,how come you decided to get ready?"she asked surprisingly.

"Oh!you know the reason!!"she said releasing a sigh.

"Mamma!!"both said in unison.

And started laughing. They were standing and talking a little far from all the desi aunties. After all the best friends have met after long time and they were catching up on each others life when zehra's phone started to ring.

"Who is it?" Afi asked.

"Shaheen but why is she calling now?" She told her.

"Pick it up may be some information.."she trailed off.

"Okay I won't be able to talk here i think I should go towards the entrance for some peace.Inform mamma about it and come towards the entrance."she told afi.

She walked towards the entrance where the guests were still coming but the Males and Females sections were divided so it was not a problem. She picked up the call on reaching towards the entrance where there was less noisy in compared to the hall.

"Yes shaheen tell me, what happened?"

"Results are out!" Shaheen told from the other line.

"WHAT?But it was supposed to be come tomorrow morning."she replied getting anxious.

"Yes but they are out now, i just called you to inform about it."she told.

"Okay have you checked my results?"she asked.

"No even i am out of station and the internet is slow here so i called you to tell that please check my results also." She told her.

"Okay i will check and call you."she replied.

She cut the call and started waiting for afi, she was walking here and there to control the nervousness building in her.

"Zehra,what happened why are you nervous?"Afi asked as she approached her.

"Afi my..my results are out!"she replied her.

"Oh relax,relax take deep breaths nothing would be wrong, i know you would have topped this time also."she told putting her hands on her shoulders.