Chapter 10 : Meeting!

Zehra's POV:

I haven't driven this much reckless in my entire life like I was driving now. I just wanted to reach home before them but I guess today luck wasn't on my side as when I entered first thing I saw was black colour FIAT. It was the same model as mine just in a different colour. I have my car in grey colour. I parked my car and hurriedly took my apron, stethoscope and handbag from the passenger seat and entered the house.

The first thing I saw when I entered was Mamma's angry face. Last time if I remember correctly Mamma was this much angry with me when I was stressing after my exams and fell sick in my 4th year. After that Mamma was never this much angry with me.

Removing my eyes from Mamma I saw Afi's glaring face, I gulped the lump forming in my throat and said.

"As salamu Alaikum!" I said in a small voice.

There were different voices of answer and I quickly went towards Mamma while removing my veil.

I stood beside Mamma and apologized to her in a whispering tone but her expressions told me that 'i am just leaving you now, I will talk to you after they will be gone.'

Then I turned my face towards the guests where I found Afi's khalajaan, a man who looks in the near fifties, and a man in his mid-twenties. I immediately lowered my eyes looking at him. He was looking directly at me. So he was the guy papa thinks is the one for me.

"Beta, go freshen up and come downstairs!" Mamma told me and that was my cue to leave from there.

After nodding my head, I started ascending stairs.

"I will help her." I heard Afi's voice behind me.

I came to my room and released a breath which I was holding from the time of entering my house.

I put my stuff in their respective places and started removing my hijab when Afi entered.

"What was that? You are never late and why are you late today? Do you have any idea how panicked aunty was? And why were you not picking up calls? And..." I put my hand on her mouth to shut her up.

"Will you stop your questions so then only I would be able to answer your dozens of questions!" I said.

I removed my hand and stripped out of my abaya.

"Why blood is present on your apron?" she asked getting hyper, well she has a phobia of blood, on seeing blood she starts getting nausea and dizziness.

"Shit!" I murmured and put the apron in the washing basket.

"Listen we have more important work right now! Just sit down here!" I said holding her from their shoulders and made her sit on the bed.

I gave her a glass of water and started taking clothes from my cupboard and put it beside her on my bed.

Till that time she was back to normal.

"What is this? Are you going to wear these clothes?" she asked looking at my clothes which was Straight Kurta and Plazzo.