Chapter 6 : Determined

Later at Night :

Farukh was sitting on the bed with a frown on his face and lost in some deep thoughts. Zubaida came into the room and looked at her husband who was looking like lost somewhere. She sat down in front of him and put a hand on his shoulder bringing him back to the present.

"You were looking lost! Is everything fine?" she asked with worried expressions.

"I met Zaroon today!" he said ignoring her question.

"So?" she asked being clueless about the thoughts her husband was having.

"He is such a nice boy and amazing person," he replied.

Zubaida was still confused not getting the point of this talk now. Seeing her confused farukh said.

"Isn't he the same Zaroon for whom Sadiya has brought a proposal for our Zehra?" he asked.

"Yeah, he is her sister's son," she replied still confused.

"Call sadiya tomorrow and tell her that we are ready for his proposal," he said in a firm voice.

"You have met him only once, don't you think we should gather more information about him then we can go further!?" she said is still sceptical about the decision, she was not ready to take any decision in haste for her one and only daughter.

"I have met him once but I have an instinct that he is the one for Zehra and about the information I will do that and we have to inform other family members, and should get their opinions also on this matter!" he said looking at her and she nodded her head in agreement.

Even he would not take any decision in haste but he was having this feeling that he is the one and he was genuinely impressed with a young boy.

  ~*~

After coming from Afi's house. Zehra was praying her Isha prayer (post-dawn prayer). After completing her Namaz, she sat down on the prayer mat and raised her hands and she remembered the conversation that happened today at Afi's house.

Flashback:

Zehra was coming out of the kitchen after drinking water when she heard two aunties taking her name in their conversations.

"Yeah, she is too arrogant and selfish!" the first lady said.

"I have heard that she isn't approving any guy for marriage." the second lady said.

"Yeah, she must be having an affair"second lady gasped at her words.

"But she doesn't look like a girl who would have a relationship, she is such a good girl and belongs to a good family!" the second one said.

"That's all facade so that no one can say anything to her. Otherwise only you say why would she reject 7-8 guys in 4 months without any reason!" the first one said.