Hamria

0/10

Does anyone actually ship this? Or does it just exist?

The history behind this ship gets twisted, so I'll give you my conclusion based on what I've read:

James Reynolds abandoned Maria hence why she was staying in a boarding house. During this time she sought out Alexander for financial help. Alexander agreed and dropped it off to her the following night during his visit it became apparent that 'other means of comfort deemed necessary' I rightfully assume this is a reference to Maria's promiscuous behaviour—which was probably due to the spousal abuse she endured and being married from such a young age—therefore Alexander exploited her vulnerability and used it for his own gain. However James came back into Maria's life around halfway through the affair (which was also about the time Alexander started getting cold feet coincidentally) instead of duelling Alexander, James extorted cash from him, conscious of the detrimental effects this could have on his career. In 1793 Maria got together enough money and divorced James hoping to leave t all behind her and start a new life, Aaron Burr had sorted for Susan to go to school in Boston and Maria could finally get her life [reasonably] on track but 1797 came around and she ran straight into a 50ft brick wall. She was publicly scorned, slut-shamed and forced to flee to England during this time Maria wrote her own pamphlet giving her side of the story however it was never published.

Neither party was innocent Maria knew he was married but Alexander 100% isn't the victim. I don't think anyone actually ships this ship but you know at least you get a history lesson!