11. Back Home

I am back in New York, my home. I decided to let it all behind, leave it in England. The conclusion was that I didn't need to hold on and I had to move on. I had to start of by saying the truth to Cameron and even to myself.

After my vacation, I had gone straight to LA and told Cameron everything. Since the day I fell for Louis to the day he used me. Cameron said he knew something was up and he forgave me for it. We aren't together and he was thankful no one found out we had gone out for like a day. As was I, it would be embarrassing for both of us. And maybe more for him.

I came back to New York and started the new semester here. I was going to bury myself with school and work. I was going to do it so that one day I won't think about him. It would be like he wasn't important to me to begin with. Things will be easier and I could finally be happy.

I stand outside the bathroom contemplating how my life has been these last few weeks. My thoughts come back to my sick friend. I'm worried that she's not well and I'm not sure what to do anymore.

"Are you okay?" Knocking once again. Mainly worried about what was happening. The toilet flushes once again.

"I'm fine," the door unlocks and Amanda has been crying. I hug her tightly.

"Tell me baby. I am here for you." I tell her.

"I think I'm pregnant." I look at her and I know she's honestly worried she might be.

"Did you take the test? We have to see if it's true." She nods no and I know she's having a hard time. She's worried about either result and I understand that she needs me to be strong.

"I got the sticks that you pee on. Take them with me. I don't want to do it alone. Then, I'll know if they actually work." She sniffles.

"If that's what you want but please, baby, don't cry." I try to wipe up the tears that run down her cheek.

I didn't want to take the pregnancy tests. It was stupid because I wasn't going to be pregnant. Nor did I think I potentially could be. I said yes just to calm her down and help her get through this. She needed me more than ever.

She showed me the pregnancy tests and of every brand known to woman. At least, I believe. She had two of each as if to make sure that they all worked or something. Maybe she just knew that she wanted me to do it with her. Whatever the reasoning we just sat there outside the bathroom for like fifteen minutes until all of them had the results.

"Katie, if I am pregnant what I am going to do? The guy probably won't take care of it and I don't know if I can do it." She holds on to a hot cup of coffee in her hands which is there just to relax her. She hasn't taken one sip.

"You will keep the baby, Amanda. We can do this, we will raise the baby ourselves. I don't know if we will be fine but one thing I know is the baby is gonna live. It's gonna live with us and we'll be fine. You'll graduate before giving birth, we both will."

She really should be fine. Amanda was going to be fine and I know it. The father may not be there but I will. It sounds cheesy but I don't care. I know her family will help her if need be. It's their own flesh and blood, they wouldn't deny him. The timer on my iPhone goes off.

"It's time." I am nervous myself. Not for me but for her. She isn't ready and I can tell by that scared look in her eyes.

"Mine are the right and yours are left." She mumbles to herself. We laid the pregnancy tests on the floor separating mine from hers. We didn't want to confuse ourselves. So it was better to divide and conquer.

"You'll be fine." She squeezes my hand as we step in. We kneel in front of the pregnancy sticks and I am left speechless. Are these right? I hold up and look at each one saying positive.

"I am not pregnant!" I hear Amanda rejoice in gratitude to the world. I can see her doing a happy dance moving her head back and forth as if she was at some rock concert. My body is unable to move.

"Didn't you hear me!? I am not pregnant!" She lifts me up and moves me around.

I spin around and I feel too dizzy and queasy. This is wrong, it has to be. What I do next is something I am not proud of.

"Ew! Gross!" I can hear Amanda saying as I continue to vomit. I felt that disturbing feeling in the pit of my stomach. I know I must have gotten some on her but at this moment I am too weak even to continue vomiting.

Was this right? Wasn't she the one who was supposed to be pregnant?

She stays by my side and we clean up the mess. I was sure during this process I would vomit again at some point. I managed not to vomit. Amanda has been silent since my throw up incident.

"Are you okay?" She asks quietly.

"I'm," I don't say any words as I show her one of the pregnancy sticks.

"Holy shit! Katie do you know what this means?" She looks at me nodding. I'm not sure why she is nodding.

"I do," I inhale.

"What are you going to do?" She looks at me as if expecting the same answer but now that it's me...I feel different about this whole thing. I had told her we would care for it and that we could make it on our own. Is that the life I want?

"Katie? What are we going to do?" I am brought back down to earth.

"I don't know."

~~~~~~

A/N

Should I do another book with Louis' POV or you guys want to wait until next year to hear what happens next? It might be like a mini Christmas series. What do you think?

Would you guys read or no?

Comment and vote if you'd like it ;)