1. Good News?

Mrs. Garcia

"Congratulations, Mrs. Garcia. You are pregnant," The doctor said.

I felt like my world stopped for a second. I didn't know how to respond.

Am I going to become a mother?

A small smile creeping up to my lips but it faded away the very next minute. A million thoughts rushed to my mind.

"Mrs. Garcia?" The doctor's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I thanked her before leaving the room.

I walked to my black Mercedes Benz in the hospital parking lot. As I drove my way back home, I kept thinking about the pregnancy and how I was going to tell Ron. So many questions, so many doubts popped up in my brain. But one question scared the hell out of me.

How he was going to react to my pregnancy news?

I knew things between us weren't good lately. But it didn't change the fact that he was going to be a father soon. All I wished to see was the same small smile(which formed on mine when I heard the news)on his face too.

I pulled over my car when my gaze fell on the white mansion. I could call it one of the most beautiful houses in Canada. But it never felt like home.

"Mrs. Garcia... Do you want anything?"

I ignored the maid and walked past the vast and lush living room. I climbed the stairs to reach my bedroom on the second floor. The house itself had four floors with a living and dining room on the ground floor and bedrooms, study, gym occupying the upper floor.

I opened my room door and the only thing I liked in this house was my room. It was designed according to my taste. Peach color walls with a white floral design pattern gave a pleasant look to the room.

I felt my soft bed calling me and unknown dizziness clouded me. I plopped on my bed without giving a second thought.

After a good nap, I took a bath and changed into a peach chiffon top and black jeans. Suddenly, an uncontrollable hunger stirred in my stomach and it growled.

I placed my right palm on my belly and smiled.

"Feeling hungry, baby?" I asked, rubbing patterns of circles on my belly with my palm.

My mom used to ask me in the same way when I was a kid. She was the best mom. I wished I could do the same whenever I became a mom. The best for my kids.

My mom always tried her best to make me happy, unlike my dad. He lived in his own world. She would feel great if I told her about good news. But, I wanted to tell Ron first.

I went downstairs to grab something to eat. As I was about to step into the dining area, Ron entered through the main door with his office bag.

For a second, a question popped up at the back of my mind.

Will the baby gets Ron's blond hair or my brown hair?

And next second, one more question popped up.

Is the baby a boy or a girl?

I smiled at my thoughts and rushed towards Ron to tell him the good news.

"Ron..." I called him when he was climbing up the stairs.

He ignored me as usual and I sighed. Our fight was going for the past two weeks. No matter how much I tried to talk to him and explain to him, he just ignored me.

But I couldn't let him ignore me this time. He needed to listen to me. I ignored the hunger in my stomach and followed him.

He entered our room, ignoring my continuous screaming.