-------𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 10

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I waved goodbye before dashing into the dorms and running up the stairs. It was about 11:47 and I had scheduled to try-out at 1. I had to change clothes, practice, and get there and re-tune the guitar. I went into my room and into my closet. I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans, an oversized cream sweater with cuffed sleeves, and brown heeled boots. After putting it all on, I tucked in the sweater and pulled my still decently curled hair to the side before grabbing my guitar and sitting on my bed, going over the song a few more times. I truly didn't care if I made it, but I didn't wanna look completely stupid.

I sighed as I grabbed the handle of my guitar case and stood, glancing around the room for anything else I might need. Rei then bursted into the room, his breath slightly labored. "Oh thank god you're not gone yet." he panted out.

"Why? What happened?" I asked, my anxiety rising.

"Huh? Nothing, I just wanna go with you." He smiled softly, "it's better to have some support just in case." He told me, standing up, "So let's go."

We both then walked to the building, heading straight to the arts hall and going to the music room. There were about 27 kids standing in the hallway, each one prepping to try out/present. The fashionista students were fixing little things on their models, the choir students were warming up, the actors were rehearsing lines, and the band kids were tuning their instruments. Of course there were the emotional support friends, like Rei, hyping people up. The hall was so tense. Everyone here was competition. Everyone here was a rival. Everyone didn't like Everyone.

Rei and I sat on a couple of chairs that had been placed out. I pulled out my guitar and tuner, letting out a shaky breath as I attached the device. My hands quivered as I brought them to the strings, beginning to tune them. I could feel my body shake with anxiety. Everything could go wrong. I saw no positives in this experience. Maybe I should just go back to the dorm. Maybe I should just fail completely on purpose.

Rei placed his hand on my shoulder, causing me to stop all of my movements. "Calm down. Everything is gonna go great." He told me in a gentle, soothing voice.

I took a deep breath, nodding and continuing to tune the guitar. A teacher would come out, call a name, and they would go into the music room. I practiced quietly, humming the words as I played the song, Rei singing quietly. "Sukoshi Nishinoya." Called the teacher. I jumped a little.

I looked at the teacher and then Rei. He nodded, giving me a small thumbs up and nudging me. I carefully placed the strap over my shoulder and followed the woman inside. I stood on the X in the middle of the room, trying to calm down as much as I could. This was going to be tough.

-Time Skip-

It was a week after tryouts and I currently sat in my homeroom, my phone hidden underneath the desk. They told everyone they'd be posting the results on social media two minutes from now. Shirabu glanced at the clock every now and again, checking to see when it'd be time, he too had his phone out. I looked at him and then the clock, smiling softly as I looked down, turning my phone on. He did the same. The two of us refreshed the Instagram page over and over again until finally, it came up.

Levi Ackerman

Otabek Altin

Yūki Asuna

Yuno Gasai

Mitsukuni Haninozuka

Meiko Honma

Hinata Hyuga

Satoshi Isshiki

Ken Kaneki

Ritsu Kasanoda

Izuku Midoriya

Kenjirō Minami

Hisoka Morow

Sukoshi Nishinoya

Yoshita Ryosei

Momiji Sohma

Shoto Todoroki

Suzu Urano

Ochako Uraraka

Sasuke Uchiha

Yumemi Yumemite

I read it once, twice, thirty times before looking over at Shirabu and smiling brightly, pulling him into a tight hug. He chuckled softly, hugging me back as our classmates glanced at us, slightly confused. We let go of each other and continued to smile like an idiot, bouncing my leg a little.

"I thought you didn't care if you got in or not." he whispered down at me, smirking.

"Shut up, Baka. Let me have my moment." I hissed. No I was not emotionally ready for whatever the performance would bring, but I didn't care AT ALL. I was happy I made it. I was not happy the second I realized I would have to sing that song in front of the whole school. In front of him.

The bell rang and class was dismissed, students rushing into the hallways and pulling out their phones, looking at the school page. There was lively chatter and squeals of joy where sad conversation and disappointment lacked all throughout.

"What am I gonna wear? Who's gonna be there? Am I actually good enough? How much are they gonna like me?" I asked about a million questions before looking over at Shirabu who hadn't ever let go of that stupid, smug smirk.

"What?" I asked him, huffing a bit after I spoke.

"Nothing, nothing..." he mumbled,waving me off.

I pouted, grabbing his arm, shaking him a little "Tell me!!" I yelled.

"Fine!" He said as he roughly pulled away from my grasp. "Don't yell at me though."

"I'll only yell at you if it's stupid." I told flatly, giving him a knowing look.

"Promise..." he warned.

"FINE!" I said with a small growl "Now tell me, Boke."

"I'm just surprised that you wanted it that badly. You acted like you hated it and now..." he looked over at me, "it's like it's your whole world."

I stared at him for a second "Well..." I stopped "it's exciting." I told him plainly, "do you think it's a bad thing?" I asked.

He shook his head "No. I just don't want your head to get any bigger." he said rudely, breaking the calm and honest mood we had just built.

"You're so mean, Ken-Chan!" I whined, barely hearing a small 'Or for you to get hurt' come from Shirabu. "What?"

He shook his head "I feel like it might explode if it does. I'm just being honest." he told me.

"RUDE!" I didn't want to press any further on what he had said, I heard it. I really did. But I didn't know what he meant or why he even cared.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───