Chapter three: Come to me

(Shadow's view)

I pushed open the great black iron doors to my palace, and sat down in my throne with a gusty sigh. "Oh, what a day." I said, as I stretched out my arms with a groan.

A sharp cawing sound alerted me, as my pet raven Corvidae landed on my shoulder with a satisfied sqwak and I stroked his feathers.

"Well, hello to you too my friend." I said, as he settled himself comfortably on my shoulder.

"What did you do today, hmm? Catch any mice?" I asked, as I continued stroking his soft black feathers.  

He squawked in response, and I nodded as I continued stroking his feathers head.

"I saw a beautiful girl walking in the winter woods this afternoon, she had auburn hair and her eyes seemed to shine like green gems." I told Corvidae, who squawked as a response.

"Quite right my pet, we must lure her to us." I said, as I stood up from my throne with him still perched on my shoulder.

I gave his feathers one last affectionate stroke, before he flapped off of my shoulder and over to his perch before tucking his head under his wing and going to sleep.

"Goodnight Corvidae, I will see you in the morning." I said, before making my way up the winding staircase to my room closing the door behind me and falling asleep on my bed.