Chapter 4: Never met before

(Vidia's view)
I got out of my car and made my way into the winter woods wrapping my scarf tightly around my neck as I walked into the woods. A gust of wind blew, causing me to shiver against the icy chill.

"Rather cold out today, don't you think?" A voice asked, and I looked up to see a man with short black hair smiling down at me from where he sat perched on a tree branch.

"Yes, I suppose it is." I said, and he chuckled before jumping down from the branch and landing gracefully in front of me.

"A pretty girl like you shouldn't be out in this weather." He said, as his silver-blue eyes traveled curiously over me taking in my appearance.

"My name is Shadow," he said, as he gave me a small smile. "Pleased to meet you, Shadow, I'm Vidia." I said, as I held out my hand which he shook.

"And you as well, Vidia." He said, and before I could reply a loud cawing noise came from the tree above my head, and a raven landed on his shoulder.

"This is Corvidae," Shadow said, as he stroked the bird's feathered head without breaking eye contact with me.

"Well, I-I must be going, it was very nice to meet you Shadow." I said, and he nodded.

"You as well, have a nice day Vidia." He said, as he turned and walked back the way he had come but not without giving me a wink.