10

- Belva -

I shiver as the cold air hits my bare skin. The freezing ground was the only warmth I had. It felt like months as to where everyday has been the same. There wasn't any light, only darkness. It was just pitch black.

I cried and cried asking for help but no response. Soon, I gave up and I couldn't cry anymore. There was no point. I was all alone with no one by my side. My eyes soon opened to the shining brightness.

There was a door. It was so visible yet so far. I got up but stumbled. The door only got closer every second. Now, it was in front of me. Is this where I can finally get out? I shut my eyes, hoping it'll be my freedom and twisted the golden door knob.

- Faith -

"Faith?" As I was about to leave, I never thought I would ever hear that voice again. I turned around and ran to hug her. "Omg you're awake!" I cried onto her shoulders and so did she. "I thought I died."

I let go and wiped her tears away which she did the same to me. "I'm glad you didn't. I wouldn't know what to do without you." We both smiled until she asked "Um, what happened to me?"

I couldn't tell her the truth on how the boys and I saved her. "You were in a coma.. for almost 4 months." Her eyes widened. "I'll tell the doctor that you're awake and we can finally go home."

She nodded and laid back down on her bed deep into her thoughts. Oh how everyone is going to be so happy when I bring her home!

- Belva -

"I'm nervous." I stared outside of the rainy window as I leaned against it. "Why?" Faith held my hand while still managing to drive. "I feel like my family and I are meant to die. I've been lucky... twice! Who knows if something like this happens again but it'll be much worse. There might not even be a next time."

A tear slipped out of my eye but I wiped it away not wanting Faith to worry about me even more than she already is. "Hey... don't say that. Things happen for a reason. We can't stop it from happening." She was right. I lightly squeezed her hand letting her know that I'm going to be okay. We finally arrived and quickly ran towards the huge doors.

I took a deep breath hiding behind Faith. She opened the doors and said "EVERYONE! LISTEN UP! I BROUGHT SOMEONE THAT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR MONTHS!" Faith moved to the side and I lifted my head up smiling. Everyone was so shocked, their jaws were kind of opened. "So... no one missed-"

Before I even got to finish what I was about to say, I was tackled by lots of warm hugs. They even made me fall to the ground. I obviously didn't mind, but man they didn't have to pile on top of me. "Okay guys, I think that's enough hugging. You all literally just crushed her." Faith laughed as she tried to pull me out but that didn't work. They all got off and pulled me up.

I looked at everyone and noticed there was a girl that I've never seen before. She gave me a very disgusted look. I was confused but something caught me off guard. Her hand was held by Payton's. Ouch. Guess that just really proved he never liked me. Now I kinda wish I'd never opened that door and just stayed in the darkness.

"Oh and Belva! I have a surprise for you." I had no clue I zoned out but two unfamiliar males were standing next to Faith. "Who are they?" I asked, looking at their features. The one with the really blue eyes spoke up first. "Hey, I'm Faith's friend. Ashton." I shook his hand and he blushed at me. Huh. Strange... "Hi, I'm also Faith's friend. Jafari."

He shook my hand and smiled, which I did the same. What I did notice is that Faith would not stop looking at him. I smirked and knew she finally had a crush. "I guess that makes us friends." I said looking at Ashton and Jafari. They both nodded and I said "Well, it was nice meeting you two and Faith... best surprise ever!"

Faith had the biggest smile on her face which made me laugh. "Oh right! I haven't showered in months. I should actually start doing that now." I ran upstairs leaving everyone to go back and do their own things. Before I decided to go to my room, I heard a conversation that involved me. Me being me, I stopped to listen.

"So like.. who was that girl? Why was everyone like.. so happy for her? But when I step foot here again, no one was like.. eager to see me again." Again? What did she mean by that? "Don't worry about her babe. She's just.. an annoying human that my family has to look after since her parents died. I don't even know why but not my problem. And that's on them. You only need me to be eager for you and only you. Okay?"

Wow. I never knew Payton... felt that way about me. Yeah, I'm just a girl with no parents that has to be looked after. Soon, I'll be out of here. Just what? 3 more years until I turn 18? I couldn't bear to hear anymore of what they had to say, so I ran to my room and just did what I actually came up here to do.

Those words were lingering through my mind as I got inside my shower. I was in some sort of trance as the warm water poured over me. The scent of mint hits my nose when I lathered my hair and body with soap. Soon, I got out to wiped away the hot steam from my mirror. Welcome back Belva.