Chapter 1

-Today, the 7th 1983..-

I can't believe this... I was finally accept to work in the military for the King and queen! I am so excited to be there already!

My mom is so happy for me! Even my brother is glad I was accept there! The problem could have been my father... He never had approve for me to be in service for the King and queen has a soldier.. And now that he is not here anymore.

I could do my dream come true! Sadly, I won't see my family for a while.
But I hope they won't get bored without me around!

Today, I have to prepare my stuff, go there and end up being presented to everyone!

It was so amazing to be there! Even everyone was nice with me! I even got friends already!

Where we eat is not really cheap but I like it! It change from having to be serve by maids....

Oh! I also have met some glorious soldier! I have met some General, I have even met my captain with my group. The captain even said that tomorrow, I will start a mission!

Isn't it cool? My first mission! I am more excited! Now I won't be able to sleep in the night!

-signed by ######-

Now, Today we are in the year of 2030.

In the military, where reside a lot of soldiers who will fight war for the king, the queen, their family or their friends.

Outside on the playground. Groups of young cadets do their work exercise like in every morning..

After having breakfast, they run, do some push up, shooting training and other exercise that would get anyone to have some well built body and experience on the field.

But now, you can see that it will take time for the youngs soldiers to have some of those.

Talking about youngs soldiers... There is a new one coming today.

He is young, have a weak aspect and also seem to be shorter than the others.
When he enter the camp, he got a lot of looks and stare.

"Did you see that?"

"Yeah... A new one has come here."

"Eh, he won't survive this! Have you seen how small and fragile he look like?"

"Ah ah! True! This one will sure go back to his mom!"

Laugh came from the older soldiers that watch the young man walking pass them.
He seem to be determined. How can this be know? Well by the look he give in his green eye.

The others still laugh at this scene... But soon ends when one of the captains make them go back to entertain themself with some push ups to calm them down.

Now, the young man stop. He glanced around him. He seem to search something or maybe someone. He was quite lost in this big camp.

Well the captain had to come over him and ask him a question by pure curiosity. He first wanted to know, why was he here? Then what he wanted?

"Sir, I am here to be a soldier! And I want to be able to protect the people I care and love!"

Said the young man in a serious tone. The captain seems to be a little impress by how determined the small man was, at that is what he show from the outside. But on the inside... He was more than impress. He was surprised. Not because of how the man looked in front of him. But on what he just said. A kid like him.. Want to be a soldier and protect the one he love? Well there is going to be a lot of work to do...

"Very well... Then come with me. Let's first see if you can handle some exercise. If not. I won't accept you in my group." said the captain with his arms crossed.

The young man seem to do a soldier salute.

"Yes sir!" He said with some glitter in his eye. Looks like he is excited to get in the group.

The captain looked serious after this. He have to be sure this guy has the potential to be a soldier. So now to the entertainment...

"Alright kid. First you have to pick this up and bring it over there." said the captain pointing over a pile of four bag full of sands inside. Then he point over a little white line that is far away from where the piles was.

The other soldiers stop what they were doing to watch what is going to happen with the new recruit.

The young man nodded. He pull up the sleeve of his jacket before he goes over those piles. He take a glance to the big white line from afar. He take some breath and start to pick up one bag. It was very heavy for only one bag. But he manage to at least take another one more. He put each one on his shoulders. He even almost fell by doing that. But he got back to his balance and was now able to take some steps over the line.

Everyone seem to be having big smile on their face. They seems to wait for him to fall and fail the first exercise.

Cheer could be heard.

"Go on kid! You got this!"

"Yeah ah ah! Just don't fall now!"

"It would be sad to loose a guy like you now!"

They laugh has they keep watching, the young man walk step by step over the line.

He was starting to sweat has he was taking big breathe. He was almost there. And he don't want to give up now.

The captain watch him in observation. He could see the potential in the small man. Not only that, he even seem to not want to give up now. But normally the bag full of sands are pretty big for the guy. Seeing he could pick up two at the same time was remarkable.

He finally got to the white line. He had drop the two bags from his shoulders down on the hard ground. He take some breath before he goes back over the other two bags left on the pile and pick them too.

He proceed on putting them with the two others on the line after at least ten minutes.

Everyone cheer again.

"The small man is strong!"

"Yeah! I never though he could be able to do this without falling!"

"I like that guy!"

The captain seem to be kind of proud with him too.

"Alright, everyone get back to work please!"

The others soldiers do has the captain said.

Wiping the sweat away on his eyelid... The young man came over to the captain almost tired from this exercise.

"Did I... Did I win to be in your group sir?" asked the young man.

The captain think a moment.

"Come with me. You need to see someone." said the captain that has a blue blurred pupil has he gesture the young one to follow.

He only nodded in response has he follow him into a building.
They were walking a very long hallway with doors on each sides.

Soon they arrive to some stairs. They walk them up and got to the first floor. But It's more called the first section on the panel when they reach the top of the stairs.

The young man feel more tired, but he remain focus on not loosing his composure.

They soon stop in front of a door.

Written on it was...

'Caporal's office.'

To be continue...