Arrive

Alice Macray was a simple houswife who's main job was to raise her children and to cook and clean every day. She was totally satisfied with it. At least she told herself she was. Phyllis Schlafly was her best friend. When Alice first saw Phyllis she immediately knew she wants to be her friend. Their children attended to the same school and they met there first. She thought about Phyllis like she is her leader that much she looked up to her.

When Phyllis started to campaign against the ERA and made the STOP ERA movement, she right away joined to her. It was no question if she had to support her. One day their goup were at Phyllis' house and they talked about how could they beat Gloria Steinem when they heard knocking.

"Oh I'm sorry lady's. It is probably my niece. She's going to live with us for 4 months. Pardon me." Phyllis stood up from her chair and went to the front door gracefully.
She doesn't really liked her niece, because her whole family was liberal and they were on the ERA's side.
Alice knew this, Phyllis complained to her the previous day because she didn't want to give a place to the 23 years old girl but she had to according to the etiquette. Phyllis described her as an irritating, unbearable and insane girl who talks too much and say exactly what she thinks (she talked about it in the wrong way). Phyllis' husband always worked and her children lived in collages in different towns because of university, but Misty was always around Phyllis and wanted to help cook or in everything and she hated this because Misty always talked too much about things that Phyllis was fully against. So she asked Alice to be at their home as much as she can in the following 4 months because she wouldn't bear Misty if she's alone especially this time that she had a lot things to do with this STOP ERA movement and she wouldn't have time for Misty. So Alice prepared for the worst. She was a little nervous, she didn't succeed to manage difficult people.
When Phyllis stood up from her chair and announced Misty is probably arrived Alice's heart started to racing. She was really nervous about this situation.

"Hi Phyllis it's nice to see you!" Misty smiled widely and she wanted to hug her aunt but Phyllis stepped backward with a forced smile on her face.

"I'm greeting you Misty. It's my pleasure. Please, come in!" She motioned her inside. "I'm going to make you meet with my STOP ERA ladys. Please follow me."

She followed her as she asked her to and she thought Phyllis has never changed. Misty actually were an open-minded, extroverted, cheerful young lady and Phyllis were the total opposite of her. Misty loved Phyllis but to be honest she wasn't very happy about this situation, because she exactly knew that she had to follow Phyllis' rules in her house and if she didn't obey there would be consequence plus she wanted Phyllis to like her but she knew it've never happened so far. She always tried to get on with Phyllis. She thought if she helps her a lot maybe she would like her more.

They reached the room where the ladys were sitting in a circle. They stopped in the doorframe.
"Ladys, this is my niece Misty." She said with a forced smile and pointed to Misty. "She will live with us and...."

While Phyllis talked about their situation Misty's eyes landed on the most beautiful dark brown eyes in the room. Their smiles dropped a little, Alice gulped and held her gaze for a few seconds then she looked away to the other women's direction. By this Misty blinked and looked away as well. Misty continued again her wide smile and looked around. She said good bye to the ladys and went to upstairs with her baggages.

While she unpacked her clothes and put them into the cupboard she catched a quick thought in her mind with a little butterfly in her stomach.

'I can't wait to meet her'

Her eyes went wide and she shook her head to get rid of this thought. 'Yeah and this is another reason why Phyllis would hate me. I like girls. I have to be "normal" while I'm living with her. I can't like anybod here.'
Phyllis didn't know about this but Misty wanted that this way. If Phyllis would know about her sexual prefferance she would kick her out immediately.