Dinner party

The next day Alice woke up and she was really excited about the dinner party. She always loved Phyllis' parties. They were classy and illustrious. She stood up from her bed and took a shower. She cooked cookies all day. She wanted to contribute at least this much. When she was done with cooking she started to find a proper dress. She scanned her whole cupboard out but unlikely her she didn't find anything. She was so nervous about what to wear on the party. Then she started to think. 'Why I care this much what to wear? I usually don't really care just pick out a nice dress. I wonder what will Misty wear... she has such a special taste with clothes.' Than she shook her head smilingly and finally chose a dress. She dressed up and made her face. When she arrived to the front door Phyllis opened it.

"Phyllis you look georgeous! Look, I brought all of us some cookies, thank you for the inviting!" Alice said gracefully then gave the tray to Phyllis.

"Thank you Alice, come in. Not everybody is here yet so talk with the guests until then and take a seat anywhere." She motioned her inside.

Alice sat down to a chair and saw that somebody was already sat next to her but the person were not there in that moment. Then she heard a voice.

"Hello Mrs Macray! I'm glad to see you." Misty sat down next to her and smiled lovingly.

"Oh uh hello Misty! It's my pleasure." Then there were a little quietness between them. Alice felt her face is burning and wanted to say something but she couldn't think of any topic. 'She looks so good, her dress is so unique and fit her so well. Her hair is naturally curly again. This whole girl is so natural. It is like I look at a flower. A smiling flower.' She thought and smiled in her awkwardness. "Uhm how was your first day here?"

"It was nice thank you for askin'. I helped clean the house to the maid. She's so nice. I don't really know I didn't do too much today actually." Misty chuckled. She thought Alice's awkwardness was so cute. But the fact that Alice was awkward made Misty awkward too despite that Misty wasn't that usually.

"I uh..." Alice started but they heard Phyllis loud voice what interrupted her, then both of them looked in her direction. She was sitting on the edge of the table and was tapping her glass.

"We will continue" Misty smiles at her

"Ladys and Genglemen! I'm glad that everybody could show up and wish everybody a nice night. Let's eat" she looked around and drank a sip from her champaigne.
Misty and Alice followed her, they drank a little as well and started to eat.

When they were done with the eating everybody stood up.
There were small tables at the edge of the dining room and there were cookies, cakes and alcohol on them. Misty and Alice went there and poured punch for themselves.
They talked a lot and got on really well. Later they seperated. After Alice talked with some of her friends she went to the restroom. The restroom was on the second floor next to Misty's room. When Alice almost reached the door Misty came out of her room with teary eyes and with a nose rag in her hand and she was sobbing. Alice stopped and immediately stood in front of Misty. She put her hands on both of Misty's arms.

"Misty what's the problem? Why are you crying?" She searched Misty's gaze and finally she found it.

"Yeah it's just... I always do this when I drink, It doesn't matter really." She sobbed and lowered her eyes again.

"Hey you can tell me. You can trust me Misty. Please tell me what's wrong." She smoothed her arms.

"Okay just... not here in the corridor. Come here this is my room." They stepped into Misty's room where were half dark. They sat to Misty's bed. Alice's hands slipped lower and with that she held Misty's hands in hers.

"Tell me" she whispered. While she looked into her eyes.

"It's just... It's just about my life. When I drink all of my pain want to erupt from me. So firstly... My mother had 3 sisters but 7 years ago 2 of them died in a car accident and I miss them so much. I loved them so much. And Phyllis who is the only one who left hates me for no real reason. She just hates me because she can't agree with my beliefs and political side." She sobbed.
Some months before Alice hated liberals as well but after she was at Huston conference she opened her eyes. She could totally accept other point of views and she ashamed of herself that there were time when she was so judgemental.

"I understand your feelings but you don't have to fulfil Phyllis requirements. If she doesn't like you she won't just because you for example clean her house. I think you should talk this over with her, maybe it softenes her heart." Alice tightened the grip on their hands. Misty thanked her then she continued.

"And there's another big, not ordinary thing in my life... I have never spoken about this beside 2 people so feel yourself honored.." she chuckled between 2 sobs. "I'm homosexual... and it makes thing so hard for me. But I accepted who I am finally, but when I drink alcohol I can still cry If I thinking about who will ever love me" the tears fell from her eyes.
This situation and conversation was really new to Alice. She didn't know what to say to this. But it was a really strange feeling that after Misty said she's gay Alice felt a little warmness in her chest and her heartbeat started to rise. But then suddey Alice hugged her. "It's okay" she whispered to her ear while Misty's face were at her neck. Misty inhaled Alice hair's scent and smiled. "Thank you" she whispered back and tightened the hug. Alice inhaled Misty's scent as well and buried her face to her neck as well. She felt butterflies in her stomach and both of their hearts were beating fast.
They were there, hugging each other longer than it would normal when the situation suddenly hit Alice. She was there with a young woman who just admitted that she likes girls, in a half-dark room, and they were hugging for long minutes. Then Alice let Misty go.

"Uhm I uh.. uh I have to go to the restroom but uh we will continue alright?"
Misty nodded then Alice went out from the room with quick steps. She decided it would be better to go home, It's too late anyways. Buck waited her at home. She said good bye to Phyllis and to the few others who were there yet and she went home.

She lied in the bed while she was thinking about this. 'Why I enjoyed that situation so much? Why I feel like this when I'm with her? What is happening to me? I could think about her all day and night. These feelings are so strange. I've nevert felt this way before. Not even with Buck. What I felt with Buck was the 1% of these feelings what I felt tonight at her room. What does it mean? What does it mean?...' Then she fell asleep.