Chapter 26

#Past in Italics#

*Mihira Pov*

"Is something wrong, Mihi?" Mom's voice brought me out of my thoughts and I glanced at her only to find both of them staring at me with a frown.

"Everything is fine, Mom." I mumbled but she glanced at my plate and I stared at that direction and found I am rubbing the rice on the plate which made it into a paste subconsciously.

"I think I am not hungry." I added getting up before taking my plate to wash it properly as I made it into a huge mess.

After reaching my room, I sat before the system but just stared at it. I don't have any work to do as he is mad at me for today's event.

"Principal invited me for dinner today for helping his son regarding the notes and stuff." He commented the moment I reached his table after the lunch break.

"You will enjoy the dinner, Sir. His wife is the best cook and you will wish to eat such food every day." I mumbled while he stared at me.

"I will be going while thinking that the Principal is just treating me for lunch and not to thank me." He mumbled leaning back.

"I wouldn't have accepted if it was not the principal who invited me. If it was a normal parent then I would have ignored the invitation. I don't involve in any student life and I wish the same from the students otherwise I may cross the line." He said with a serious look while I frowned at him.

"What do you mean by the heartless man story?" He asked and I realized why he said those words.

"I mean nothing, Sir." I mumbled fearing he may cross the line which I don't want him to but he continued to frown at me.

"She told you, didn't she?" he asked before staring at his system with a blank expression as I couldn't act like I don't know what he is asking about.

"Sir! Don't be mad at Maam because she just explained all that as I was scolding that student as I did near you. I remember you got angry at that time but now I understand why you didn't want me to think bad about that student." I explained but he continued to act as if he can't hear me saying anything.

"She was telling me that you were not at all at fault and it was all her fault. Don't think too seriously about my words. I still respect and admire you as my mentor." I added and he finally glanced at me.

"Is this what you want to learn at the college? Gossiping with your lecturers and get involved in personal stuff? If that is the intention then you can stop being my mentee." He warned and I stared at him in shock.

"Gossiping? Who was the one to get me involved in these petty affairs of yours, Sir? I don't see both of you acting like my lecturers at present then how can I treat you like that." I said and I felt tears forming in my eyes.

"I always followed your suggestions and didn't back out from any work but still you are saying that, Sir. Now I can relate to that story." Saying that I left his room and reached my class.

The moment I sat down, I realized what I have just done. What if he talks about me at Abhi's house? I need to tell Abhi to not let Sir talk about me and I can find some excuse while saying that.

Did he follow my advice or not? I thought while rolling on my bed not able to sleep with these thoughts running on my mind.

The dinner must have finished by now and maybe he even left but I am scared to look out to check whether his vehicle is still there or not.