𝟬𝟮

𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘢 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳
°∴,*⋅✲

¡! CHAPTER TWO !¡

stumbling out of the prefect carriage remus and martha were clutching their sides painfully laughing, "i, i cant believe you just said that." remus explained shaking his head and catching his breath.

slapping him on the arm gently she exclaimed, "it wasn't intentional, it just slipped out." trying to stifle a laugh they both failed miserably as they ended back at the marauders compartment, disrupted by all the noise, all three boys turned their heads to look at the small window by the door. met with the sight of remus clutching martha's shoulder to keep him steady. breathy, painful chuckles left his lips. martha was bending slightly to ease the cramps in her stomach.

"right, it was nice um chatting? with you. but i've gotta 'ead." she laughed before going to depart. "see ya." he snorted in response as she left.

when remus entered the small cabin, it was deathly silent, all of the boys were staring intently at the goofed smile on his face. shrugging his shoulders and raising his eyebrows, his smile dropped off of his face.

"you get along well." peter stated looking at the taller lad next to him.

*

once the train had arrived the bundle of students hopped off ready to venture towards the school. martha stood with her dorm mates who she would only just call friends, and tilly with dorcas who she absentmindedly chatted with.

mindless conversation was batted around the group walking towards the carriages, in the carriages, walking towards the school, in the school and ending in the great hall. not that martha minded the chatter, it was a nice filler in the times people weren't pestering her.

everyone was seated in the hall, sirius and remus play fighting gently on their side of the table, peter dozing off into the distance with his head rested firmly on his palm and james' vision flounced over to the yellow soaked table. watching as the bouncy brunette listened intently to what the redhead next to her was moaning about.

absorbing her side profile his eyes traced the way her forehead slid smoothly into the bridge of her nose, drawing over the small bump then down to the upturned tip. Small creases scattered around the end of her nose and around, scrunching up her delicate face. his eyes continued to trailed down her cupid's bow, over her peach stained heart shaped lips and the slight bulge in her chin.

he drank every detail he saw, something about the girl this year was different. he was sinking, until the feeling a sharp elbow in his ribs he looked to peter next to him.

"prongs. prongs, lily's trying to talk to you." peter muttered watching james intently. "huh?" james turned slightly to look at the boy next to him.

"potter." lily spoke from the other side of remus. james perked up slightly looking at lily with a broad smile on his face. "lily-pad, my darling, my angel, how are you?" he beamed.

while the redhead rolled her eyes, a small smile pulled on the corner of her lips. "we've been trying to get your attention for a few minutes." she paused and looked over at the hufflepuff table. "but someone was a little distracted." she smirked at the raven haired boy.

looking around the rest of the table for some sort of reassurance, he found that remus and sirius had stopped their fighting now both smirking at the boy, and peter beside him trying to cease his chuckles behind his palm. pushing a fake chuckle from inside his throat he scratched his neck slightly, not liking this sudden attention drawn to him. "ahh." sirius laughed looking at his friends. they continued to tease him for the rest of the feast.

after the welcome feast was all done and dusted it was time for the prefects to lead the frightened first years to their designated common rooms. standing at the edge of the hufflepuff table with her fellow prefect martha averted her eyes over the the gryffindor table, and watched as remus stood in her position but with his hands on the edge of the table, leaning forward conversing with sirius intently. while lily was stood off to the side slightly, conversing cheerily with some first years, while playing gently with a stand of her hair. moving his eyesight over to martha he build a over exaggerated wink and threw it her way. in response to this martha held up two finger guns and shot one at remus and the other at sirius, both proceeded to play dead on the halls floor.

many straggling students found this small act of acknowledgment amusing and watched the three with a small smile on their faces. the smiles were soon broken when the other hufflepuff prefect slapped the table and made poor martha jump out of her skin and let out a inhumane screech. amos diggory smiled at the first years and martha's reaction before speaking to the crowd.

"evening first years, i am your prefect amos, amos diggory. this is-" he gestured to martha. "hullo." she waved kindly. "i'm also a prefect, martha lennon, we are happy to welcome you to hogwarts, and the proud hufflepuff house welcomes you all with open arms. If ya ever see amos or myself around, be sure to say hello- we don't bite." cut off by the passing gryffindor house. remus interrupted her.

"i wouldn't hold her to that. she might." he spoke before catching up with his house.

flushing under his words she kicked her leg out behind her and tripped the boy up on his passing, not batting an eyelid to the chaos she kept her attention on the younger students. most of the small first years giggled at his involvement. "well." martha tutted before laughing.

"we are both happy to help." amos continued.

then off they traveled to the hufflepuff common room, with no issues.

*