𝟬𝟳

𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘢 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳
°∴,*⋅✲

¡! CHAPTER SEVEN !¡

"i wonder what the eighties will be like?" martha gasped excitedly while weaving tilly's hair into a plait, feeling excitement for the decade yet to come. "do you think there will be any more death?" tilly mumbled, after just loosing her grandad the days before hand she wasn't coping to well. with martha being the hidden angel she was tired her absolute hardest to support the girl through and through.

"i doubt it." smiling numbly at the brunette, above her tilly's eyes started to water significantly.

"come here love." martha opened her arms and let the hufflepuff fall into them, tears leaking out of her eyes at a steady pace. pressing a soft kiss to the top of her friends head, the lennon girl started to hum a slow tune soothing over tilly's worries and heart ache as she focused on the melody.

tilly watched her friend in pure love, to herself martha truly deserved the best of the best, she deserved the entire world and if tilly could give it to her she would. she deserved more attention, she deserved more acknowledgment in her skills- none of them fell under the academic ladder. her thoughts were drawn away from her late grandfather as the two girls started to sway slightly in the hug. letting a small gurgle type noise leave her lips tilly started to laugh, a pure angelic laugh that obviously annoyed the other present girl in their shared dorm as a shoe or book got thrown at the closed curtain.

marty (martha lennon)

martha looked down at the all so familiar messy scribble on the front of the letter. then her aunts adoring hand next to it. knowing the letter was from her farther, passed through her aunt (who most likely read it) and now to martha.

the table was set with mounds of food and cutlery shimmering in the candle lit hall. remus had snuck martha and tilly over to the table of red, much to the disagreement of local members.

remus, sirius, james.
peter, tilly, martha.

james watched martha as she ran her fingers gently across the slight indentation of the ink, propping her hand gently on the table and letting the yellowed pick clatter to the surface softly. with extreme concentration, blocking out the conversations of the other four. martha lifted the lip of the envelope with delicate care.

the first thing that caught her eye was the childish drawing, done by her now two year old brother sean. a sad chuckle left her lips as she clasped the image in her mind.

moving on through the letter, seeing small crossings out of incorrectly spelt words and them written neatly next to it (in mimi's writing). the causal connection of how john and his new family were getting on. the letter was short, and sharp on johns end.

the signing at the bottom ended 'with love, John, yoko and Sean' with a few big scribbles for kisses adorning the lower half of the parchment. not signed 'dad' but signed john.

using the back of her hand to wipe at her eyes before anyone would notice then shoving the letter into her robe pocket she looked up, seeing the party around her all looking in her direction. she smiled gracefully at them, forcing a laugh pushing her sadness away with a smooth change of conversation.

james really paid attention, to how her eyes didn't show the wild emotion they usually withheld, the corner of her lip, on the right sight, didn't quirk up and her cheeks were slightly red- wait her cheeks were red? moving his gaze up her face, he had been caught staring at her, holding eye contact for a second. the potter boy smirked and winked in her direction, causing her to snap out of eye contact immediately.

"i think this ones also for you love." james' smooth voice broke her out of her slight daze. he lifted his vain filled hand, flexing it, then pushing the letter in her direction. moving to fill his plate with another slice of buttered toast.

martha was mesmerised with his hands; they made the pit in her stomach grow weak, they made her heart rate speed up slightly. she watched intently as his muscles contracted when he moved his fingers in a grabby motion towards sirius (who had the toast.)

looking down at this letter she knew who it was from instantly, from the small doodles that wrapped around her name perfectly, a blinding smiled graced her face as she pulled the letter into her chest and stood up quickly, dashing from the table. catching the attention of the remaining group.

"that will be from this george fella." tilly laughed loudly at martha's reaction. "she has always had a small crush on him." she stated bluntly.

while the rest of the party at the table were quick to assume 'this george fella' was a boyfriend of sorts. remus quietly chuckled to himself as he knew the extent of the situation, and that george harrison was definitely not martha's secret boyfriend.

How would you feel if in
Chapters to come there's
Scenes with individual Beatles
Or rising music artists in this time?
Personally that's kinda what I
Want to do, but if it doesn't
Interest you or you don't want it
Please let me know and I won't!
Thank you x