3 || the meeting

***

DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT

***

IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT, BETTER HOLD ON TIGHT

***

(dont start song until it says to)

"I AM SO TIRED." Keefe groaned, flopping on Sophie's bed. "I think I'm never going shopping again."

Sophie laughed, sitting on her bed as well. "I feel you buddy. I think I've done enough shopping for a lifetime."

She thought that going to Mysterium would be less tiring than going to Atlantis, but boy, was she wrong. Although, Sophie had to admit, it was really fun. There were a bunch of things that were more of Sophie's style there, and she was able to buy some new art supplies, as well as much things for her room.

"Oh come on! Don't tell me you guys are actually tired!" Biana exclaimed, putting her hands on her hips.

"Um, yes I am. I literally feel like shit. My legs are like jelly." Sophie retorted, pointing to her legs.

They had left Havenfield when the sun was still up, at around 10 am. Now the sun was just beginning to set. It had to be at least 4pm already.

"I second that. I don't think my legs are going to be able to walk anymore. I don't have it in me to take another step." Fitz agreed, sitting down on Sophie's desk chair.

"At least you don't have to go home to babysit 3 little demons. Mom and Dad are going out so I'm stuck at home with the triplets." Dex grumbled.

Sophie crinkled her nose. "They aren't that bad, right?"

Dex looked at her with a blank expression. "You're seriously asking me that?"

Sophie raised her hands up in an act of innocence. "They didn't act that bad when I was over the other day."

"That's because they behave when you're around. I don't know why though. You can be just as much as a troublemaker as them, if not more." Dex retorted.

"Have you ever thought that maybe that's why they behave well with me? Because I understand them?" Sophie pointed out.

Dex rolled his eyes. "Whatever. See you guys tomorrow at school."

He waved goodbye and took out his home crystal, stepping into the light and letting it take him away.

"Hey, I was wondering if we could do some cognate training right now. We haven't been able to do any lately." Fitz suggested.

"Sure, I don't have much to do." Sophie nodded.

Keefe sat up from the bed and said, "And, that's our cue to leave! Get ready to get a load of Fitzphie Sandor, I'm warning you!" Though he meant it as a joke, there was an emotion in his eyes that Sophie couldn't place. Was it jealousy? Or envy? No, why would Keefe be jealous?

"I'm leaving too, I don't want to be here and see you both just staring into each others eyes all day." Biana joked. Sophie and Fitz both turned a light shade of pink when Biana said that.

The two opened the door and left the room, closing the door behind them once they were out.

Sophie turned to look at Fitz. "What should we work on?"

"Maybe we could each share 3 secrets that no one knows. They don't have to be our big secrets, just some small ones." Fitz thought aloud.

"Okay, that sounds good." Sophie asked for permission to enter his mind, and placed her hands on his temples.