the beggining!

the sunlight pierced her eyes as she groaned, waking up had to be her least favorite thing ever. elaina definitley considered herself more of a night person, staying up watching videos, talking to her friends, and getting a chance to talk with the most amazing person in the entire world about her obsession that never seemed to annoy elaina. she couldn't imagine anything better. she lay motionless for around fifteen minutes before she finally decided to get ready. although it was already almost noon her day had just begun. elaina was in the middle of brushing her teeth when she realized she was starting her sophomore year next week.

the only thing that made it slightly tolerable were her best friends who also went to her school, luci and sam.for some reason they had a special talent for finding trouble and always getting away with it. even though she had them she wasn't looking forward to her classes. elaina loved Oceanside Academy it was just a lot of work. when her mother had told her they were moving to Kailua she was excited and pleasantly surprised when she found out it was everything she had hoped for and more.

over the summer elaina and her friends would meet up almost every week at their favorite spot, a secluded part of Kailua Beach no one knew about. they had discovered it in seventh grade when they first met. they had been exploring the beach and came across a stone wall many large boulders when they noticed some almost forming an arch. it was covered in vines and flowers but when they pushed past it they discovered a glistening pool of turquoise water that was much deeper than it seemed several feet down a cliff. it took them ten minutes to walk all the way down and they immediately knew they had not seen the last of this place. ever since then. elaina realized her mouth was overflowing with foam from her toothpaste and quickly spit.