part three

the next morning she woke up without an alarm. the sunlight glinted through her window and elaina was in a good mood. she walked over to her closet sleepily and grabbed the outfit she had chosen a few days ago. it was made up of a pale blue mini wrap dress with a cropped baby blue cardigan to go with it. for her shoes she wore platform leather boots and for accessories she had a sun and moon choker and a gold ring on her fourth finger. she finished the look with small orange sunglasses that looked like they were from the 90s.

she brushed her teeth and did her hair, deciding to let it down and give it a bit of volume instead of putting it into a ponytail last minute. she walked down the stairs and grabbed a glass of pineapple juice along with a fruit salad that included her favorite, kiwi. she still had plenty of time before her first class started but got in her mother's convertible anyways and reversed the car. she never got tired of Hawaii's scenery. everywhere elaina went the morning sun hit the palm trees and other plants in a way that made them seem golden.
she took a quick detour and picked up some smoothies for her and her two friends as she was still left with twenty minutes. she picked mango orange for luci, lychee for sam, and strawberry kiwi for herself. she then decided it would probably be best if she headed for Oceanside Academy now. after a few minutes elaina arrived at the parking lot thirteen minutes early. since she now had a license she could reserve her own parking space which she had seen to at the end of her summer. around three minutes later sam arrived and they waited for luci, who arrived five minutes after sam.

they had different schedules so they said their goodbyes and headed off into the building, which quickly began to fill up with many students. elaina was headed to homeroom first and got there in a few minutes. she got assigned her locker which was right next to the english classroom. before she knew it, it was time for her to go to her first elective.