the last one, for now

the next week she had no idea how to deal with what was happening. elaina knew she liked milo, she had already admitted that to herself, but never would she have expected for him to ever reciprocate her feelings. she felt a kind of happy she hadn't experienced in a long time, it felt more like satisfaction. like she had everything she could ever want and need and she liked it. it made elaina forget about anything she had worried about before and she knew she was falling for him harder. she lay in bed thinking of how happy it would make her if they were together. it wasn't illegal but they couldn't get caught, it was just so complicated it almost felt impossible. she decided whatever hope she had that he liked her back was unnecessary and foolish, i mean how could he? she was a sixteen year old highschooler who also happened to be his student. she knew it was supposed to feel wrong but it didn't, in fact it felt the opposite of that. it felt right. elaina had felt so comfortable with him the other day and liked how he listened to her when no one else would. whether he liked her or not wasn't clear but she knew one thing, milo cared about her. she decided it would be smarter to go to bed and not lose sleep over this. daniel and her mother were leaving tommorow on a trip for a week and she wanted to wake up early to say bye to her.

elaina woke up and hugged the two of them and they said their goodbyes. she had extra time to pick out her outfit today and went with a white short sleeved ruffled dress along with some long white socks and brown heels on top of them. she also wore her gold heart shaped locket with a white headband and matching gold earrings. she ate a fruit bowl for breakfast with a glass of pineapple juice and got into her car. she got to Oceanside Academy on time and headed in. she got through her classes just fine including her english class, elaina had decided on talking milo she liked him even though she was sure he didn't feel the same. she just wasn't planning to do it until after the school day was finished.

finally the day was over. elaina felt like it lasted for many more hours than usual. "well this is it" she thought to herself. it was time for her to tell milo, time for her to tell him everything she had been trying so hard to hide. it had just become too much for her to not do anything about. elaina knew how he was going to react, he would simply tell her how it would never work out and if it would be best if she just got rid of those feelings and never talked to him again. yet something in her told her to try anyways. she took a deep breath in and walked into the room where he was putting away something, his back turned to her. elaina cleared her throat and he turned around and chuckled "how can i help you?" milo asked. "uh i forgot to return this to you earlier." elaina said while holding up his jacket. he walked over as she gave it to him "i also wanted to say thank you for listening to me that day, not many people bother to. it means a lot." elaina said while blushing. "well there's no need to thank me elaina i did what any sane person would do." he responded. they both stood there for a minute in a silence that was more peaceful than awkward. elaina took a deep breath in and decided that she was going to do this right now, no turning back and no backing out. whatever he said she was just going to go for it and hope for the best. "hey milo?" she started, "hmm?" "i need to tell you something and please promise me you won't hate me after i say this" she said with a sigh. "okay you have my word" milo responded. "i really like you and i think you're truly brilliant." she started "ever since we started talking a few months ago you've been like a missing piece to my life that was suddenly there. whenever i talk to you, you make me feel like i never want to stop and i know you'll never feel the same way but i just had to tell you before this got any worse and i completely understand if you don't want to talk to me again." she finished. elaina felt her heart racing and thoughts telling her she should have never done this kept coursing through her head but in a few seconds whatever she was thinking was stopped abruptly as her soft lips brushed against milos parted ones, feeling the warmth of his lips against her own. she relaxed into his touch as he moved his arm around her, frimly gripping her waist as he pulled elaina closer to him. elaina lifted her hands and cupped them around the sides of his face as she kissed him harder and they slowly moved onto a nearby couch. elaina had him pressed against the couch with her legs over him when they finally pulled apart as the two of them broke into grins, panting heavily. "i'm assuming you feel the same way judging by what just happened" elaina said in between gasps for air. "you know i thought you would never even see me in the same way i saw you elaina. ever since i saw you i knew you were special, i couldn't be more happy that you feel like this" milo retorted still panting. elaina felt her chest relax, she felt like she had everything she needed and all the pain she had to go through had just dissolved. "let me take you somewhere for one night, if you don't like it then we never have to try again but if you do enjoy it we can maybe do this again. what do you think, will you go out with me elaina?" he continued and she felt as if her answer was automatic "yes i would really like that" elaina responded "i have all week" she said and milo smiled. "kailua beach saturday night, i'll pick you up at 11 pm. deal?" he asked. "deal." elaina said with a laugh and milo looked reassured as she kissed him one more time and left the room. she was going on a date with milo, on saturday night.