part six

the next week elaina was already overloaded with her homework. sam and luci seemed to be doing just fine with their work but of course they hadn't taken advanced classes. it was late at night and she was finishing up some algebra homework. elaina was struggling on her writing assignment for her englishclass which was highly unusual for her, she almost always had excelled at it. she decided that she would ask her teacher for some extra help, and as much as she hated to admit it elaina wanted to see him again. she woke up a bit later the next morning but got ready fairly quickly. she put on a navy blue mini skirt along with an oversized dark blue sweatshirt and a white collared shirt under to go along with it. she paired it with a small gold heart shaped locket with long white socks and platforms. she headed out the door while wiping pineapple juice off her mouth with her sleeve and got in her car and drove a bit faster than usual, not wanting to be a minute late.

a few hours later elaina's english class began, this time her teacher didn't even look at her. the minutes turned into hours as she tried to pay attention. elaina was definitely focused on her teacher but it wasn't the words coming out of his mouth, it was just him. she found herself staring at the wall and making up scenarios in her head. she knew what she was thinking was incredibly stupid and that nothing could happen between them but it was still fun to think about and it made the time seem to go faster. eventually the class was over and as the room slowly emptied elaina perfected what she wanted to say. the classroom was finally empty except for her teacher and the blond boy named luke she had met the other day. as she walked up to him elaina found that all the words she planned on saying had just disappeared from her mind. elaina was feeling a bit flustered and started fiddling with her locket but decided on talking to him regardless, she needed the extra help. "mr. winter, i was wondering if you could help me a bit with the assignment?" she began, "oh please, call me milo" he said with a soft smirk and elaina's face started to turn a little red. "what can i help you with?" milo said. after minutes she had gotten any guidance she had needed with her work. "you're free to come by after hours if you need anymore help" milo said. "thank you for the offer, milo" she said with a laugh. "you're welcome..elaina isn't it?" he said and elaina nodded her head and choked out a yes while giggling. she left the classroom with a smile on her face and her cheeks the color of a strawberry.