part two

after around half an hour of reading a book elaina decided to call luci and sam and ask them to meet her at a local shaved ice shop. they both said they were free and all three of them promised to be there in fifteen minutes. elaina got there first and went ahead and ordered for them, mango for luci, strawberry orange for sam, and kiwi for herself. right as she carried her shaved ice towards the table sam walked in and luci a couple minutes after. elaina prided herself on always being early or on time to anything unlike her friends who almost always made it there last second. she took her first scoop out of the ice and let it melt into her mouth, kiwi was her favorite and always made her feel a little better whenever she ate the fruit or anything kiwi flavored. as they enjoyed their shaved ice the three of them complained about how much free time they would lose once they started school again.
after they had finished eating all of them said their goodbyes for they would not see each other until the next week, when their new school year started.

six days later it was a Sunday, a special Sunday actually, it was the day right before her school started again. elaina had celebrated her 16th birthday a few days ago with her mother, stepdad, and two sisters. they had gone to a her favorite smoothie place and afterwards they went to see a movie. when she got home she got a gew gifts which included perfume, jewellery, and her personal favorite, her new cat, ender. elaina's stepdad was the best father she could have ever asked for. he cared about her and her family much more than her biological father ever could have. when she was younger Daniel (her stepdad) used to build blanket forts with her and would read her stories until she fell asleep. ever since they had moved to Hawaii he just never had time for her anymore. although they didn't spend as much time together anymore daniel really wanted the best for elaina and her family and she knew that.

elaina put her hair into a messy bun and threw on an oversized t shirt and went to bed early, she wanted to get enough sleep before school started again. she turned on her fan and lay down on the bed with her cat, ender, curled up beside her.