Burnt out

Me: I have to finish one of my drafts today
My brain: haha motivation go brrr

Ship: Scarian
Genre: fluff
Requested by @StressConsumesMyLife

Grian had been building almost nonstop for three days now, and Scar was starting to get worried. He knew that his boyfriend would sometimes get caught up in his work, and start obsessing over the smallest things. He decided to go and make him take a break.

Scar flew the short distance to Grian's mansion and was awestruck, as he was every time he saw the amazing structure. Grian, however, was never perfectly happy with how it turned out. He could only focus on the flaws, and then would get stuck on them, and the actual build could never fit into the vision that he had in his head.

Scar flew down into the hole off to the left of the base, where he knew Grian would be working on the area around his portal. He landed somewhat clumsily behind his boyfriend, and the shorter builder turned to face him.

"Oh, hey Scar! Why are you here?" he asked. Scar could clearly make out the bags under his eyes and the weariness in his tone.

"Gri, you know why I came. You've hardly taken a break in days. I'm making you stop."

Grian tried to protest, but Scar gave him a stern glare and he subsided. He then sighed. "Fine. I'll take a break. But only if you give me cuddles."

Scar chucked at his pouting. "Of course I will."

They flew back to Grian's hobbit hole, since it was the closest, and they crawled into bed together. Grian curled up into Scar's chest and fell asleep almost instantly. Scar did too, shortly after.

Grian woke up late in the morning to find that he couldn't move. Scar's arm was wrapped around him, keeping him close. He tried to gently make his way out of the tight embrace, but doing so woke Scar up. He pulled Grian closer to him.

"Scar, what are you doing? I have to get up. The portal needs to be finished, I have to do more terraforming, and them I have to decorate it," Grian protested, still trying to get out of bed.

"No. You've been building for three days, you need a break. You are staying in today, with me."

Grian sighed, knowing he wouldn't be able to convince Scar otherwise.

"Could you at least let me get up? I'm just going to make breakfast," he said, trying again to stand up. He felt the pressure around his waist lessen and was finally able to leave the bed. He went into the small kitchen that he had in his starter base and began to make the batter for pancakes.

Scar came into the kitchen as well, and when the food was done, the two of them sat down next to each other, taking their time with eating, and having a quiet conversation. After they had finished, Grian dragged Scar over to the couch. They sat down and watched movies for the rest of the day.

Sorry if the ending seems rushed, I've been trying to finish this for like two weeks now, just didn't have any motivation for writing

540 words