Prologue

Do you ever stop and think about your soul? Not just about who you are, but about who you are really deep down in the very core of your body? And how for some people, that part of their body is split in half. So that they must spend a part of their lives searching for the other person who shares that piece with them?

        Because I didn't.

        I never once thought that there is a part of my soul that is missing. Or a more accurate word, stolen. A part of me that had been taken from me and given to someone else, only to leave me helpless. Who really finds their soul mate when they search for them? You could spend weeks, months, years. But you won't ever find it. That one thing that will stay missing from your life.

        It's unfair. Absolutely and utterly, unjust. Some might even say it's disgusting. The fact that a huge part of my happiness, my very inner being, is stored away in someone else. I did not choose this.

        Whatever this is.

        I had no say in whether or not I wished to spend the rest of my days as a self-respecting individual. Whether or not I wanted to fall in love, get married, start a family.

        Oh, no.

        You may think it's up to you. You might think you have a role in this play. But you don't. It's all a part of the script. Everything is planned out to the tiniest detail.

        After a while of trying to fight your way out of this God Forsaken production, you start to feel it. The pain tearing away at your insides. The very state of just being becomes a job for you.

       I cannot imagine anything as torturous, and unbearably heart-wrenching as this.

        But then why can't I get enough?

        People say, "The heart wants what the heart wants," But I think it's something deeper than that.

        The soul craves what it can't have.