[ 9 ] - Stuck in the Middle Pt 1

Author's Note: I had fun including Redd in the last last one sooooo! I'm bringing my boy back but more included since he showed up in the end lol

ngl,, I would totally love to be in a harem with them so I'm fulfilling my fantasies ✨😳

~

"Hey Mr. Redd and Mr. Nook!" They pointed joyfully at their homemade sunflower crown. Twirling in their summer dress, they smiled towards the duo.
"Aren't they just a darling..~?" Redd sighed heavily, letting their gaze wander at the beautiful [Y/N]. To not Tom's amazement, he scoffed at his comment.
"I'm only letting you stay because they requested you to stay put-!" Tom crosses his arms, looking up to the smiling man.
"So you admit they like me..?" Redd bended over to meet eye to eye with his sworn enemy.
"Of course not! Why would they like a thief like you, hm?" His fuzzy brown hair twitched, letting his anger get the better of him.
"At least they show more interest in me than they do with you!" Redd's pale fingers poked at Tom's bursting belly. Insulted, Tom grabbed ahold of his skinny finger before barking nonsense at him. Mumbling out "why you..-!" and other colorful vocabulary, [Y/N] watched in the distance as they sweatdropped at the two.
     This been happening for days now. Weeks actually! [Y/N] wasn't fond of the two fighting but they wanted Redd to stay on the island. Of course, it came with a lot of challenges. For one, all the documents Redd has to fill out to stay on this island and to not steal from Mr. Nook. Secondly, took a whole month for Tom to be convinced. Especially with their history, I wasn't surprised by his out right "no". It's only been a week and these two are still at each other's throats. Literally.
     "You're such a child, Redd..!" Tom yanked on rim of his tank top. Meeting eye to eye, Redd was now on the same level as Tom.
     "Says the child-sized adult..~" Referring to Tom's small size. Feeling the tension all the way from there, [Y/N] walks over to them. Coming into vicinity of them, they got an ear full of their bickering.
     "BASTARD! ASSHOLE! DIP-SHIT! ATTENTION WHOR—!" On and on, they kept throwing insults at each other.
     "You two were certainly loud even when I was over there..." Pointing towards the direction they were at before. Tom and Redd both dropped their hands and shuffled away from each other. Like two brothers in a fight, their intense stares were still directed towards each other.
     "Guys..I thought we talked about this.." Slightly sad that they still couldn't make up. They flip their eyes between the two, hoping one of them would apologize. Sighing, [Y/N] decided to take matters into my own hands.
     "Well..to start, what was going on? Why were you guys fighting about..?" They batted their eyelashes towards the two before two grown men dart knowing glances towards each other. Unaware of the situation, they wait patiently for any sign of confession.
"Well cousin..~ To be frank, he has taken quite a li–mmPh!" Suddenly, Tom's hand reached towards Redd's thin lips, shutting him up.
"Enough of him, we were just arguing about how much time you spend on the island. How about you go take a rest for a few days, hm?" Noticeably, Tom's eyes were shut tight as he kept his hands still on Redd's mouth. Red clawed and try to pry the man's big hand off of him. Of course, they would be fighting something as simple as that.
"Alright but...no more fighting, okay? I hate it when you guys fight so much..." They pouted before taking their leave. Once [Y/N] left the vicinity, Tom ripped his palm off of Redd. The red haired man fondled his tingling lips before facing the small man beside him.
"Honestly Tom...I practically gave you a shot at them!" He barked, still touching his mouth with his skinny fingers. Tom huffed, placing his hands on his arms.
"It's inappropriate, Redd! Even if you did, how do I know you won't try anything funny?" Grazing his teeth against one another as he eyed the tall man. Redd chuckled before kneeling down to his level.
"Oh you don't trust me now, Nookie~?" He dangled his sharp nails on the chubby man's nose. Pawing at it like a cat, Redd retreated his hands back with a small grin.
"How about this..we play fair. Whoever gets [Y/N], wins~" Redd gave a cheeky smile followed along with his tongue licking the edge of his mouth. Tom cringed internally as he scoffs at the man's words.
"Don't treat them like an object, Redd plus..I don't fall for your stupid games anymore." He shutters as Redd comes closer towards him.
"You got a whole day for your decision. If you don't take up on my offer..." Redd moves upwards where Tom's ear was hidden behind the soft curly locks of his.
"They'll be mine..~" Just like that, Redd skips away. Watching him go, Tom stands there, on top of the brick concrete, as he thinks of Redd's offer.

~

"Cousinnn~ Come out wherever you are...boo~!" Redd latches on the back of [Y/N] as he brings them in close.
Chuckling innocently at Redd's sporadic action, Tom eyes the two. Ever since he agreed to the damn "competition", it makes it harder for him to look at the two. Just watching you be happy with someone else, someone that isn't..him. His stomach fills with bubbling anxiety as well as a burning rage. Something he only felt when he looked at Redd yet..now he's messing in his territory.
"Mr. Tom! Come play with us!!" They shout as they stand on their tippy toes. Small gestures like that always made Tom feel some kind of way. Foreign feeling he wasn't used to yet welcomes it. Getting up from his sulking pose, he arch his back before sprinting over to the two.
"What are you two exactly doing anyways?" He shoves his hands down his beige pockets.
"Hide and seek, silly!" [Y/N] chirps happily as Tom notices Redd's loving eyes looking down at [Y/N]'s figure. Annoyed, his mouth started to move on his own.
"How about Redd seeks? And me and you can hide, yes?" Blatant jealousy at that. Redd understands quickly yet [Y/N] quickly jumped on it.
"But Mr. Redd was already seeker last round..!"
"Aww it's alright cousin! I'll find you guys...I'm a lot quicker than I seem..~" Redd stands up tall, almost like he's talking down Tom. Tom grumbles before grabbing onto [Y/N]'s hand.
"Start counting Redd.." Tom looked upwards toward the grinning fool.
"My pleasure, old friend..~"

~
I took a massive break and continued writing this again but like 👀👀 kinda proud of this and plot kinda????? Also pt2!!! Becuz it ended up being way longer than I thought lmAoO-

Also I may or may not start lemons now..👀 I wanted to do a bit of oneshots first before I get into thoseeeee so 😳