Training - Part Two and a Half

Ever since I finished asking Tora questions, he made me try out this type of combat fighting, then this one and that one, it was a pain in the ass to try out each and one of them. Sooner or later, we gave up on the combat and went to move onto weapons, and I've found one of my interests. I threw a kunai for the first time when he handed it to me. When I threw it, I was really sloppy and it didn't puncture the wooden mannequin target. Tora sighed like a frustrated teacher, which made me convinced he regretted training me, but too bad for Tora, I'm not letting go of him yet. Tora must've noticed how I felt when I first threw the kunai, a spark in my eyes was visible to him.

"The kunai is not the best since it's purpose is digging and used as a step than a throwing knife, but here, I'll show you how to properly throw a kunai," Tora went to go grab the kunai I threw horribly and went back to me.

Tora placed his index and middle finger inside of the curve of the kunai blade, since it is a digging tool, he turned it around and then wrapped the rest of his fingers supporting the kunai. Keeping his body and left arm still, his right hand was his dominant hand, so his kunai was in that hand, he put forward his left leg to steady his pose, he pulled back in his right arm behind him, then thrusts it forward underhanded with such strong force as he lets it go soaring through the air as it gleamed and reflected the light glowing onto it, and everything went by in a flash when it had punctured the middle of the wooden mannequin's chest, perfect aim.

"That's awesome! How'd you do it?!" I exclamined as I was jumping up and down like a kid.

"Years of practice since I was young. Pick a different weapon, would you? You'd be a grandma when you master the kunai, since you suck at everything," Tora teased with a small laugh.

"Eh really? At the very least, I want a weapon where they'll have time to surrender."

"Kusarigama, it'll be perfect for you. You can do many different styles with it as well."

Tora explained to me what a kusarigama is. It's a sickle with a chain attached to it. At the end of the chain, there is iron weight. For this kusarigama, there is a iron ball used to cause damage aside from the sickle. Tora got a kusarigama from a box filled with tons of other weapons, then he called in his supposedly comrade to pick up a katana. They both stood in front of each other with a decent distance between them. In five seconds, Tora started swinging the chain on the kusarigama in circle on the right of him, the other man pointed the katana at Tora, and was about to charge at Tora until the chain was directed to the katana and caught it by its blade. Tora then dragged the katana away by force from the man to himself, and he released the chain off after.

"This weapon is cool too! How are you good at doing anything, Tora?" I asked out of amazement.

"Here's the kusarigama. The sickle is more dangerous than you think, (Y/N)."

He ignored me again, but training with the kusarigama... it feels like a lifelong companion will be by me. Am I stronger now?

Tora told his comrade to leave and he started to clean the place, "Try practicing around with it for a couple days, before the end of May."

"Why? What about nen?"

"The beginning of September is when the underground auction starts, I don't want to waste too much time on the kusarigama, and who knows what the Phantom Troupe will do. We'll learn nen when you feel like you're fine with the kusarigama."

Before May ends... that's in two weeks. I guess I'll study with the kusarigama during that time period. Still, I can't believe that kids like Gon and Killua can learn nen at such a young age, even putting their lives on the line when I heard they were in Heavens Arena while we were walking from Shellwood Forest. Then there's me, twenty-three years old who depends on others and can do nothing for myself. Why can't I... change... I have to get stronger...

Damn, I got lost in thought, I'll put those on hold and focus on the kusarigama for now. Not thinking about nen though is difficult, the type of nen I am and how nen works, it's amazing how people can be so different with nen and their style. Oh, now I wonder what Tora does with his nen.

"Tora, what type of nen do you master?"

"Most cat eyes are inevitably going to become a specialist, it could be when they first awaken nen or the moment before they die."

He then explained that he became a specialist when his foster family abandoned him because of how skilled he was at everything, they were jealous. His strong desire was to have friends, so his nen resolves around nen puppets, like a manipulator. The nen puppets also have their own nen powers, like how a transmuter would change their aura substance into something else.

"Do you know Silva Zoldyck? He has cat eyes as well but he's not a specialist. Two prime examples were given to you already."

Oh yeah, Tora and Silva. The Zoldyck family is out of this world, really. I've never seen any of them so I don't know how Silva would look like, is he an old man or something?

Turning my mind back into training, I was determined to learn the ways of this weapon to use against the battle with Hisoka. Still though, I fully acknowledge the fact that it'll impossible for me to defeat him as how I am right now. Do I still have a chance for him to help me find the Phantom Troupe? Will three months of nen training get me at average strength at the minimum? Getting stronger and powerful, a beautiful dream at best.

To be continued...
♡Katsurin06

Note: Whew, this took a bit long to make because of research. (And my indecisive mind choosing between kunai, shuriken, kusarigama, and nunchucks as a weapon for the reader).

I also used wikipedia for information on the weapons.

Kunai Throw:

Kusarigama Fighting: