11. Surprises.

It was a month until prom and Harry was almost able to play the song without looking at the keys, he was actually very proud with himself. He had started to doubt himself, but after awhile of him playing the song he was getting better and better at it. He was happy, but he knew with a few more days he would be able to complete the piece. 

Harry stopped playing when he looked at the time, he had to get to Louis’. Louis was surprising his father with a party for his birthday, he invited a lot of big names, so Harry sighed as he had to go put on his disguise. He had grown out his hair so he didn’t have to wear a wig. He put on a hat and styled his curls a bit more. Put on his darker clothes and looked at himself in the mirror, he hated lying to people, but this was all for Louis. He slipped on his sunglasses before he walked the short distance to Louis’ house.

Harry saw Louis all ready and waiting for him by the car, “Took you long enough, let’s get going, Lottie can’t stall my dad very long.”

Harry chuckled, “You told me to show up at this time, if I needed to be earlier all you had to do was call me.”

Louis rolled his eyes, “Just come on, we need to go.” Harry just shook his head and got into the car after Louis.

**

The look on Louis’ father’s face when he opened the door to be met with a few dozen guests to celebrate his birthday, was priceless. He couldn’t thank Louis and Lottie enough for everything, he really couldn’t. 

The night was almost over and Harry found himself on the balcony looking over the skyline, “You know, his mum always told me how you two would end up together. She always saw the way you two looked at each other, she wanted it to happen and she is probably smiling down happily as this all unfolds.”

Harry sighs, “I know, but I just want everything to go perfect, you know? I don’t want to mess anything up. I love Louis with all my heart, I’m just scared that everything won’t work out.” Harry turned around and saw Louis smiling as he was talking to his sister.

“Harry, I don’t think you’ll mess things up if you do it right. Harry, I love you like my own son, shit you are my son, Louis sees you as the winning prize everytime he sees you. I’m sure you have already captured his heart along time ago, all you have to do is seal the deal.”

Harry smiled, “There’s a piano in there right?”

John nodded his head, “Ready to show Louis what you’ve been working on?”

Harry nodded, “You bet I am.” Harry went inside and sat himself at the piano and started to play the piano. The soft melody of the song echoing through the room and he started to softly sing the song.

Louis had heard the song and froze as he turned around to see Harry playing the song perfectly. He walked closer to Harry and stood a good distance from him, but not too far. He smiled as Harry was able to make the right notes, and he even got that note that he kept missing. He was proud of him, very proud.

Once Harry was done, the room erupted in clapping and cheering. Louis just stood there and started clapping. Harry got out of his seat and he took Louis into his arms, “So, Louis, can I take you to Prom?”

Louis chuckled and he leaned up into Harry’s ear, “You should already know the answer to that.” He kisses Harry’s cheek and walks out onto the balcony, not looking back. Lottie pushes him to go follow him. Harry chuckles and finds Louis leaning against the balcony, facing the door.

Harry rubbed at the back of his neck and Louis just shakes his head before he walks over to Harry and takes his face into his hands and kisses him softly. Louis breaks the kiss and presses their foreheads together, “Been wanting to do that forever.”

Harry pecks his lips once more, “Been waiting forever.”