while skateboarding his way through the first phase, killua thought back to the girl he'd met earlier

while skateboarding his way through the first phase, killua thought back to the girl he'd met earlier. he hadn't gotten the chance to ask for her name before she'd run off, but it wasn't like he cared. there wasn't anything particularly outstanding about her in his opinion—disregarding the fact that she claimed she was going to marry hisoka of all people—except for the fact that she was significantly more attractive than the average person; waist length red hair, pale skin, monolid eyes and long lashes all came together to create a flawless human being on the exterior. she looked like she could be a figurine that milluki kept locked away in his room (just the thought of it was enough to make killua shiver in disgust).

he caught sight of her running ahead, trying to talk to a bald man that was dressed like a ninja who looked like he wanted nothing to do with her. she'd taken her jacket off and tied it around her waist, exposing her shoulders. some men were sickening enough to stare at her a little too intently, and it made killua wonder, what's so hot about shoulders? it didn't make any sense to him. killua assumed she was strong enough to defend herself if anybody tried to touch her, and after saying she was going to marry hisoka, he thought she was crazy, so maybe she'd go on a murderous rampage and attempt to kill them all if anybody tried anything.

that would be fun. he didn't want to be an assassin anymore, but he wouldn't hesitate to kill her if she tried to hurt him.

watch yourself, something in his head said. it definitely wasn't his conscious, so that was a bit weird. the voice was too masculine and the best word he could use to describe it is... ancient. she's rather unhinged. volatile, if you will. if you get too close, you might get caught up in the reaction.

that was new. killua shrugged the warning off.

━━━━━━━

"was being bald a choice or do you just have bad genes?" cosmo pestered, pretending to be oblivious to the irritation hanzo was feeling.

"can you stop talking?"

"that doesn't answer my question."

hanzo sped up, using his much longer legs to his advantage. much to his dismay, cosmo was by his side immediately. she'd done a lot of running in her days (she estimated that the time totalled to somewhere around three-hundred and fifty years) and at the pace they were going, it felt like a leisurely jog at best.

gon hadn't provided her with a whole lot of information on how the hunter exam generally went, but cosmo was not having very much fun in the dark tunnel. how lame. if i pretend to pass out from exhaustion, do they dump the bodies somewhere or wait for them to wake up and leave? she started clicking her tongue repeatedly. how. boring.

cosmo heard gon call her name and she stopped, waiting for him to catch up with her. he was now running with the boy from earlier, who looked at her strangely before shifting his expression to a nonchalant one. he still had the foreign object with him from before. it seemed like a burden to be carrying a weight like that around and the thought was enough to make her arms feel heavy.