IV

Everyone was trying to figure out when they last saw Mike and Will, talking over one another as they tried to get a word in. Y/N couldn't hear what anyone was saying over the noise. While trying to listen to what everyone was saying, Y/N noticed the lights to the laboratory turn on.

"Guys," Nancy looked over to Y/N, following her line of sight to the building.

"The power's back on!" Nancy yelled, catching everyone's attention. Jonathan quickly dashed over to the security station, desperately pressing the button to open it. Y/N watched the door anxiously, but it wouldn't budge.

"Let me try," Dustin said, shoving Jonathan out of the way, "Let me try Jonathan."

Dustin began jamming the button as well, but Y/N knew it wasn't going to make a difference. She rolled her eyes, watching him silently. "Son of a bitch, you know what?" Dustin exclaimed, pressing the button harder than was necessary. Y/N kept an eye on the lab, looking for any sign of movement through the windows.

The gate creaked, and Y/N watched as it slowly slid open.

"Okay, so what now?" Max asked, looking at Steve and Y/N. Neither of them knew what to do and turned to Nancy and Jonathan who were both staring up at the lab. Jonathan looked away first, scanning the area quickly. When he noticed the car he stopped.

"I'm going in."

"What do you mean you're 'going in?' This isn't some action movie Jonathan!" Y/N exclaimed.

"Well someone has to go see if they're in there."

"You can't go in alone!"

Nancy stepped forward, moving to stand next to Jonathan, "I'll go with him."

Y/N rolled her eyes, looking at the two in front of her, though didn't try to stop them. Instead, she waited with Steve and the kids while they drove into the hell hole, praying that Mike and Will weren't in there.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Turns out they were, and Bob Newby ended up getting killed while trying to escape. Y/N didn't really know him. She'd seen him in passing when she had to get something from the electronics store. Joyce looked horrible, eyes red and swollen. She disappeared as soon as they got to their house, and everyone let her be.

Chief Hopper was currently trying to call for help, but from how the conversation was going, Y/N knew they didn't believe him. Dustin knew it too.

"They didn't believe you, did they?"

"We'll see."

"We'll see?!" Mike exclaimed, "We can't just sit here while those things are loose!"

"We stay here, and we wait for help." With that Hopper left to check on Joyce. Mike was mad, but since the events of last year, Y/N didn't really know how to help him. He got up from the dining table and went over to the living room, where he picked up a bundle of items. Y/N couldn't tell what it was from where she was leaning against the kitchen counter next to Steve.

"Did you guys know Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?"

"Really?"

"He petitioned the school to start it and everything. And then he had a fundraiser for equipment. Mr. Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?" Mike brought over the blue cube to the table, placing it down so that everyone could see it, "We can't let him die in vain."

"What do you want to do Mike? The Chief's right on this. We can't stop the Demo-dogs on our own."

"Demo-dogs?" Y/N and Max asked. They shot each other an amused smile before turning back to Dustin.