Chapter Nine- Uh Oh

(Hehe changed the death plot, plus I've researched the penalties for arson and Randy wouldn't be for Jail for a year like I intended so new death plans.)

Yawning, I stretched myself upright patting around searching for my phone but I almost fell off the...couch? Why am I on the couch, eh doesn't matter really.

Pulling the baby blue blanket around my shoulders warming myself up, I was blinded by blue and red flashes slashing through the windows alerting me that the police were here.

How long was I asleep for?

Darting up and out the door, the blanket tightly hugged around my shoulders as the gas hadn't been paid, I swore I heard Mr Woods screeching at Mum and Liu hiding behind him looking...more depressed than usual?

Where's Randy?

"Mum?" I whispered popping my head around the door, voice strained enough that I sounded like a little kid, should've had a drink.

"Oh, Sully, you're awake. This probably isn't the right time to say this...but..."

Mother had begun explaining before I noticed how her face dropped down lowly and she just stopped speaking, checking the phone that I'd picked up on the way out I'd been asleep only for two days. Needed it really.

But, the thing was I saw my sibling, he was being taken in the police car that'd pulled up outside, but...why?

"Is this about the fight me and Liu got in? Did he say be did it?" I queried eyes shaking about trying to dilate the situation.

"No...he...He set Jeff on fire, if he meant it he hasn't elucidated."

Shit...he's not just going to Jail for a month or something, is he? He's 18...so not like he'll get any special like treatment there.

"Has he been charged?" I asked watching as he drove away, not a pang of sympathy seemed to bubble in me.

"He'll probably be a uncle by the time he's out, Sully. They'd said thirty-five years without bail or early release."

That's when it hit me, "NO! You can't let them do this to him! Please..."

He's just going to be a distorted memory, what if he is forgotten? Killed even in prison, he isn't tougher than the twenty year olds in there! He should've got professional help this is all my fault. Why am I contemplating this? What does Jeff look like? What if he comes after...

He's going to come after me, isn't he?

Glaring at Liu, I approached him not caring about my intimidating posture, but then my expression loosened just a tiny sliver.

"I'm sorry about my brothers actions...but I'm not sorry for fighting you."

Liu'd agreed, snarling at me gritting his teeth like he wasn't even bothered about my apology rather seeing it as sarcasm and dismissing me sadistically as if I was apathetic.

Grunting, not bothered anyways as I was stood with a god damn blanket, I slowly shook my head and trailed inside ignoring everyone.

Once I was out of their view, I sprinted up into my room and collapsed on a bed, Randys bed. I've pictured this so many times but it hurt more know it happened.

"Fuck you, Jeffery." I mumbled into the sheets, "Hope you burnt to death."

Of course, I never meant that but in the raging heat of the moment my hormones became irrational.

Infact, I felt like everything had become irrational.

I can't leave the house knowing everywhere I'd go I'll have questions and interviews about Randy and I don't know squat, zero or zilch whatever you say nowadays, this isn't what I'd thought would happen when I woke up, I still wanted him and his occasional appearances out of his room. His jokes that he'd repeat until three in the morning.

Hell I missed his ignorance.

Maybe if he wasn't such a persistent twit then he'd be here not on the way to jail awaiting court. And we all know Mr Woods would get my brother arrested. What if he fires...no he needs her anyway, right?

"Ugh...it's all giving me a headache..."

--------------

(9 months later)

I am now housebound, the doctors claim I have Agoraphobia because I'm afraid to leave the house. But who wouldn't be?

You see, about five months after Randy was jailed and charged Jeff was released and basically massacred his family, apparently Liu's being treated in hospital in critical condition but he's been in coma for four months they're probably going to make his suffering end if he doesn't awake soon.

I just don't know. Despite the police claims that I'm safe, I don't feel protected, hell mum has some sort of depression now and she's really run down without her job she's on benefits and none of us leave the house. Luckily no one checked on her homeschooling skills or I'd be put into care for some neglect despite if not being the case.

Sniffling due to some cold I've been developing, I felt my phone buzz.

What if it's him?

They're watching you-

Nope, not now, just answer the call.

Pulling the device out of my pocket I sunk off into my room, Randys bed left untouched apart from the occasional time I'd sleep in there just to help my longing to see him home.

Unknown number? The number was just a bunch of 0's and it wants to video call me. I knew better, but if someone was after me might as well be aware of it.

Sliding my thumb to the right I accepted the call, only to hear a bunch of static, so I put my headphones on to concentrate, hiding in the corner incase mum walked in.

Suddenly, a face appeared on screen one that was awfully familiar;

Ben Lawman from my school, young midget looking kid, but his skin was a freezing blue colour like he'd been frozen or something.

His eyes were baggy and sunked into his face, eyes completely black with two red marbles rolling about in the sockets that bleed a rich red crimson like tears that stained his face, his outfit was some Link costume that he'd wore the Halloween before just more realistic. Hair was way more yellow like than blonde too.

Like a deranged video game character. Haunting really, I mean it.

"The fuck."

Ben laughed his giggle hoorse and raspy coated in static seemingly a glictching tone, "Hello Sully..."

That voice was enough to send shivers down my spine.

"What do you want? I-I will call the police!"

"Come and get me yourself! Oh, right you're a scared little child."

Rolling my eyes I had no response or a decent come back, I'd lost my dignity.

"Well, me and a good friend of mine have a little...movie... if you will to show you."