Chapter 8- Support And Phone Calls

(I am sorry for not uploading in a while on this!)

I sat there disappointed in myself, sunken into gloom at the seems. Now, I'm understanding what embarrassment is like it's not being ashamed of yourself it's feeling pitiful for the people dealing with you. A horrible gut instinct.

Randy had soon left diving into his room on his phone, he spends more time looking at a screen than he does appreciating the society around him. Admittedly, I've been spiralling into the more introverted life of just staring at a screen.

But not now. The pain was unbearable for me.

My nose felt like it had been crushed under a boulder, my mouth felt tingly and numb, eyes were strained and tearful not to mention that my ribs were tightening into my lungs, well that's what it felt like.

"What were you thinking?!" Mum screeched at me slamming the patio door and looking me dead in the eyes, she looked worn and drained of energy. I wanted to crumble.

"I'm sorry..." I coughed out, hugging my chest trying to control the pain I've hardly ever lost a fight well neither of us lost we surrendered at the same time.

"Oh, dear you're hurt. Look at yourself!"

I winced, she got an antibacterial wipe and started patting away at my wounds and cuts as it begun stinging like salt had been injected into the gashes.

"I'm fine...mum, please just: leave me alone."

I swore she looked at me like I was mutilated or some corpse, "You know your father was like that."

"What? He called you mum or-"

"Sully! No, of course not. He was always so independent and stubborn."

Pride was suddenly invading my head, I'd never knew my father but knowing maybe I was somehow like him made him feel that much more real. Not like a fantasy, mother never showed me pictures it broke her to think of him, most of the time anyway.

Scooping out some type of bruise ointment cream with her index finger, she rubbed it into my eyelid. I probably had a black eye or something, stupid Woods. I mean at least I look a bit badass I guess.

"But, seriously Sully, why did you do that?"

How am I supposed to respond to that?

Sighing, I attempted to turn my head away but she'd grabbed my chin in order to treat the cuts, so I fiddled with my fingers trying to think of decent and believable response other than I bullied him.

"Well..erm.." Then I remembered suddenly why I started the dispute, "He said he hated his father. It got to me."

Nodding her head, I think she'd understood me enough that her tense face loosened to the extent that she didn't look like she was doubting why she didn't abort me or something.

Beaming at me sweetly, she placed herself next to me on the couch bettor her face softened. Not in a nice way...like she was commiserating me, oh great.

"Don't you think we should try and put you into Greving Counselling?"

Is she mad?!

"NO! I mean no, I aren't Grieving and Randy's the one who needs therapy."

Placing a considerate hand on my shoulder she gestured me to look at her phone, "I've been online, I'll be putting both of you in the scheme and I think not having a father could be the main reason you're having anger problems."

Anger problems. Anger problems? Hell no.

I rolled my eyes, turning away and wiping the leftover blood of my nose with my hoodies sleave, I really shouldn't be wearing it when it's covered in blood.

Why does she have to keep mentioning him, though? Did her boss mention him? Why was he here?

"Why was Mr Woods here?" I queried finally managing to clean off my face completely, crossing my arms.

"Oh, well, he said I needed to put more effort into my work in order to keep it. So, I lost my title and went back to the regular one."

Furious, I clenched my fists, gritting my teeth, "That idiot doesn't even work much himself! You work your ass off doing your work!"

"Language, and I know honey, but we need to go along with it or I'll end up losing my job. He went to fire me after your fight with his son."

I grumbled to myself, sunken and silent, I bet he didn't get a lecture, he doesn't know what it's like. Having your mother suffering mentally and physically but still trying to pull the family together but always failing too because of the sons are stupid idiotic bullies who don't know any better!

Mum noticed my sorrows and embraced me in a tight hug, to the extent that I couldn't move my arms to hug her back, "It's going to be okay."

Easing her grip she allowed me to lock my arms around her, I'd honestly wanted to have a calm family since I was about seven but you don't get what you want, do you?

"What if Randy gets into a fight with them because they hurt me?" I asked sniffling, god I was acting so weak and vulnerable.

"I'm sure he won't..You're not going to cry are you?"

I quivered before feeling tears pour out down my face, as if her question set me off, "N-no...I just don't want Randy to get hurt..."

Pushing herself away, she wiped my eyes with her thumb before smiling gently, "I'm sure you'll be there for your big brother, won't you?"

I nodded my grin wobbled slightly, surely he wouldn't be that reckless to go back at them after today.

"Oh and Sully?"

"Yes mum?"

"Apologise to that poor kid on Monday, you busted his lip apparently."

Chucking I agreed before kissing her briefly on the cheek and swiftly exiting into my room, my sibling on my bed leant against the bed board.

He raised his head raising an eyebrow once he'd saw me looking so morbid, "What's wrong?"

I let out an exaggerated breath, "I was talking with mum that's all, she almost got fired."

Pushing him off my mattress, I clambered into my sheets turning over, I was exhausted.

As, I drifted off to sleep I swore I heard Randy talking on the phone. He sounded like he was plotting something.

Whatever, I'll check on him in the morning.